Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cuteeeeee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 02:07 PM
    calculating net income
    in want to calculate the net income of a company
    if I have only the number of shares issued by the company, cost per share, mkt value at the end of the year, and cash dividends, and earning per shre?
    how can I find the net income for that company

thankxxxxx
    manik chand dey Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jun 27, 2008, 08:18 PM
    what I understood by net income is profit after tax.
    As we know equity earnings(earnings to be distributed among the equity shareholders) is profit after tax(PAT)- preference dividend(if any).
    so as earning per share(EPS) and no of shares are given, so we can easily calculate equity earnings, that is EPS* no of shares.
    Now equity earnings+preference dividend= Profit after tax
    (Here cash dividends are given)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculating net income [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am working on a homework problem and need some help... I have a company's balance sheet, which includes retained earnings. My assignment is asking me to calculate net income. I also know the amount of dividents paid out. How can I calculate net income from the information on a...

Consolidated Net Income Net Adjustment [ 3 Answers ]

I sure could use some help here. Dunn Corporation owns 100% of Grey Corporation’s common stock. On January 2, 2001, Dunn sold to Grey, for $40,000, machinery with a carrying amount of $30,000. Grey is depreciating the acquired machinery over a five-year life by the straight-line method. The net...

Calculating net income [ 3 Answers ]

Vision Corporation's financial statements for the current year include the following: Income from continuing operations $744,000 Prior period adjustment (increase in prior year net income, net of taxes 228,000 Cash dividends paid to preferred stockholders 242,400 Gain from...

View more questions Search