Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0807cry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Jealously with new partners daughters
    I have been living with my partner who is now divorced for two years. He has two daughters one is 21 and the other is 23 years of age. I have my own dauhghter of 14 years of age living with us. Please can you help me. I have an obsessive jealously over his daughters which is threatening to finish us. I just can not control myself. As soon as I know he is seeing them or talking to them over the phone I have a kind of panic attack. They have never said a bad word about me and I like them as people but I can't handle the fact that my partner is their dad. Is this normal? Can you suggest anything I can do to help myself control this jealously.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 0807cry
    Can you suggest anything I can do to help myself control this jealously.
    Get to the bottom of it. I'm guessing it's due to a deep-seated insecurity, and a resulting need to have his undivided attention 100% of the time. It may take some counseling and therapy to uncover the underlying source of this insecurity, but you need to do it. Otherwise it will destroy this and every other close emotional relationship you try to develop. It's unfair and unhealthy to demand that much of another person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Many sex partners [ 9 Answers ]

Is it normal for a man to not only want, but have sex with many different women? And to jack-off to images of females and their body parts on a regular basis?

Going from friends, to partners? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dating one of my friends for about a month, and it's getting to the crossroads of the relationship. We have had a few dates - I made him dinner, he made me dinner, we went out with friends... the norm. I am getting the feeling that he is getting weird about the sexuality that has been...

Jealously:how to get over it? [ 1 Answers ]

Ive always been a very jealous person No matter what I've always wanted what I either can't have or what others have.but my main concern is my jealously towards girls.I get really jealous when I see guys with really good looking girls or when I like a girl and another guy has her especially when...

Partners Dilema [ 3 Answers ]

I am a lesbian and have been involved with my partner now for almost two years. She has came out to everyone but her parents, even her 9 year old daughter. Everyone has been so accepting. The dilema is that I can not be her partner when we visit her parents for holiday events or birthdays. I have...

View more questions Search