Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giggles_lub_brad_nd_tommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 01:16 PM
    How do you measure giving
    my teacher gave me an assignment that we have to answer it is how do you measure giving it seems easy to answer but for some reason i am having a strugle can u help me?:D
    Attached Images

N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2007, 01:28 PM
    There are ones who the more they give the more they receive and are blessed spiritually and appreciate non tangible things more than what anybody can give back.
    Then there are the ones who give with a I'll scratch your back you scratch mine mutual friendship type sharing.
    There is the business type giving where they give out of a sense of charity tax write off.
    There are the ones who will do a little for others, just enough to get others to keep giving but expect way more in return.
    Then there is the everybody owes me attitude and it is hard getting them to do much of anything for anybody.

So I would say giving is measured by what one expects in return

I know this doesn't really answer your question but it might give you some ideas to come up with something.
    nycfunction Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Nov 13, 2007, 04:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles_lub_brad_nd_tommy
    my teacher gave me an assignment that we have to answer it is how do you measure giving it seems easy to answer but for some reason i am having a strugle can u help me?:D
    We need to define the word giving. What does the word "giving" mean to you?
    Giving is related to the heart's desire. Giving has a lot to do with how much you have to give away. Think about that and get back to me.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2007, 05:07 AM
    Giving is also measured by your intent. A man who has a million and gives away 1/4th of that would be known as a great man. A man who has $5.00 and gives away $2.50 would hardly be noticed but that man gave 1/2 of his total income. Think of the parable of the widow's mite. The widow gave from her heart. There are many ways to give of your talents and resources and time.

People can give, very grudgingly, and not have the right attitude. But they can point to themselves and say, "look what I just did" as if the world is to be impressed. Most understand that true giving does not keep score like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to measure rafters [ 5 Answers ]

How do I figure out the length and seat cut of rafters if my building is 8ft. Wide with a 6/12 pitch.

How to measure gestation [ 1 Answers ]

I know this is a weird question but I know everyone on here will try to help and not make me feel stupid, so here goes can anyone tell me if it is possale for me to measure my belly myself to see how big it is measuring. The reason why I ask is because I don't have a doctors appt till July 27,...

Diversion/ alternate measure [ 2 Answers ]

If l was to apply for a diversion, can l go 2weeks after committing theft under 5000 or any other time before the court date, or should l go when it's the day of the court date. Because l heard after l apply or something l need the judge to still approve of it Thanks ahead of time

I want to measure [ 6 Answers ]

We would like to have new windows but I would like to know what size and how many I need. Where should I measure to get the right heighth and width. Is it all right to buy windows from Lowe's or Home Depot? The Sash & Storm guy said that their windows are second rate, why is this? I would like to...

Measure 11 [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I live in Oregon and I was just wondering if somebody could please send me a link or something on all of measure 11. I already know what is on there but if someone could please send me something that has all of it on there, I would appreciate it very much. Thank you.

View more questions Search