Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    n3mo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2005, 10:29 PM
    Help Annoying Trojan!!
    I was playing GTA::SanAndreas when my northern antivirus show the "deleted virus pop up"... it is very annoying... I could not get rid of it... Then as I got to know it better through forums.. I learned that it was a varible virus that is never ending.. then in the 2nd day, I ran all my AVs and picked up a couple of viruses... I had xoftspy, spybot, northernantivirus 05, nod32, Adware SE to try and do the job, but it was a little help. They deleted all of the detected viruses and adware.. Now all my games are very slow.. I don't feel as much lag in windows though... I was just wondering what I should do next to, and avoid reformating my computor since it is a very troubling process... oh and the name of it is trojan.startpage
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 20, 2005, 02:35 AM
    Try this
    Free online scanner

Scans for viruses and malware as well.
    I would recommend to DELETE everything it finds
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2005, 04:35 AM
    Trojan
    Hi,
    This is a "nasty" trojan; hard to get rid of.
    Did you run your Antivirus Program in Safe Mode?
    If not, start up in Safe Mode, then run the Antivirus Scan.
    If it still doesn't find it, or quarantine it, then here is a site for removing:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...artpage.e.html

Scroll down to the heading "Removal Instructions"; about 1/2 way down.
    Some of these trojans "rebuild" themselves on bootup. So, run your Antivirus Program at least 2 times in Safe Mode, before you reboot.
    Best of luck.

Nov 20, 2005, 06:20 PM
    I thankfull that you guys answered, but it did not help that much... I'm still back where I started.. I followed the symantec page about it and followed all the removal instructions but when I went to look for the registry keys to delete I could not find them... also I ran the online scan but it came out false too. I still have the annoyin alert box of deleted varible viruses from the trojan.. its neverending.. :( :eek: :(
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2005, 07:08 AM
    .dll
    Hi,
    Not sure if this will solve the pop-up box, but worth a try:
    Start your computer in Safe Mode.
    Click on File/Search, then type in mtwirl.dll
    Click on Find or Search or OK, whatever.
    This .dll file is associated with this trojan.
    If it finds it, try Right click on it, then Left click on delete.
    Best of luck.

Nov 21, 2005, 06:09 PM
    At the 3rd day I went away... I guess it was because of the 5 antivirus/antiadware I was runin yesterday, the 2nd day tnx for all your help
    I guess the trojan got tamed lol xD :) :p ;) :o

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Annoying [ 3 Answers ]

How do you repair your msn messenger. I have a problem where this thing called msn block cheaker keeps on poppin up constently not letting me talk to my other contacts plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me what can I do I've tried everything:mad:

Annoying problem [ 1 Answers ]

Each time I go to look at my e mail (Outlook Express) I get this message: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact program vendor". I can't seem to get rid of it and it has been happening for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Please tell me how...

Annoying Adverts [ 5 Answers ]

Hi ! Each time when I open my Internet Explorer (6.0) , advert messages pop up. I think they do reside in the memory. How can I get rid of them please ? Thanks

Annoying Brother in Law [ 1 Answers ]

My sister is due to get married to her fiancé next August and for the previous two years he has lived at our house. The plan is for them to move out after the wedding but personally I don't see this happening. Its not that I'm a nasty person just that my home life has been a nightmare since his...

Annoying fassia.net [ 1 Answers ]

You know how we usually end up in a white background "cannot find" page... I really want that back! Recently, when my computer cannot connect to a page I want to go, I get directed to this "Find What You're Looking For" page http://www.fassia.net/wmed/index1.html I hate it! when that page...

View more questions Search