Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    9hththt2 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Addicted to hurting myself.
    Hey
    First of all, thanks for reading my message.
    I've been very sad for some months and the truth is I started to cut myself.. Just a few little cuts you know. But the thing is that it's getting out of control - if you know what I mean.. I'm getting kind of addicted to it and I do it when I'm feeling guilty or sad about something... It's like it makes me feel better, it feels like the pain I feel inside slowly goes away. Is that normal?
    I'm afraid this ''addiction'' can be a serious problem in some years :confused:
    What do you think?:confused:
    brokensincethebeginning Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 08:34 AM
    All right. So I also hurt myself on occasion. I was once sickly out of control, the only way to stop is to confront your issues. What is it that is making you so upset? What's bothering you, can you do anything to fix it? Simple questions like that. And if you find the answer is no, you can't do anything to fix it then maybe you should stop back and evaluate your life. If there is something in your life making you that miserable that you can't change then you should leave it behind, because it's only going ot hurt you more and you're escape will stop working, so you'll press harder and pull longer until you're life runs out onto the floor. And I don't even know you but I know you deserve better then that.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Nov 10, 2007, 09:07 AM
    No it's not normal!

Also, you state that this addiction will get worse in years to come, sounds to me like it is already becoming a problem.

Addiction is is something that needs to be fixed IN YOU! Cutting yourself is a type of "drug" so to speak, an escape. You need to find why you do this and attack it right away before it leads to other things or stands on its own.

Get help, get better, and don't be afraid or ashamed of anything.
    ceriroberts Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 9hththt2
    Hey
    First of all, thanks for reading my message.
    I've been very sad for some months and the truth is I started to cut myself.. Just a few little cuts you know. But the thing is that it's getting out of control - if you know what I mean..I'm getting kind of addicted to it and I do it when I'm feeling guilty or sad about something...It's like it makes me feel better, it feels like the pain I feel inside slowly goes away. is that normal?
    I'm afraid this ''addiction'' can be a serious problem in some years :confused:
    What do you think?:confused:
    Heya hun I use to cut ma selph badly , and what sorted me out was support by ova people e.g. boyfriend family, go and c you doc , take care hun xx cffrm ceri
    SDRAWKCAB-SDRAWROF Posts: 77, Reputation: 7

Nov 14, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Hey.
    I used to cut myself up until a couple of months ago... I still think about it... but I realised that there's no point... all it does is hurt me and take my mind of whatever has made me do it in the first place but only for a little while, it doesn't solve the problem at all... talk to someone when you feel bad... like a friend or something. Don't use cutting as a tool for self help... because its not.
    Good Luck :)
    dataguneed Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Nov 14, 2007, 06:55 PM
    That's not normal its OK to be angry but you are abusing yourself
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Cutting is one of the first indications of suicidal ideation. Increased cutting = increased suicidal tendencies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I addicted? [ 46 Answers ]

I tried marijuana like a month ago and ever since then I could not stop. I buy it every chance I get. Does that mean I'm addicted?

Am I addicted? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm 20 years old and currently at university... but my friends keep telling me that I drink too much.. even for a student? I go out 6 days of the week for the past month or so and I do admit I drink till I'm past drunk and spend all my money... including my rent money on alcohol. I...

Can you get addicted. [ 3 Answers ]

To this site? I'm asking because I found this site while trying to find information on a topic for a creative writing piece (no one has answered it *sniff* but is a rather obscure subject) and find myself surfing here anytime I have down time at work. I find myself answering questions - then...

Addicted [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I am so addicted to women, I mean like naked and bikini girls and stuff but I feel if I show it to people I know and stuff it will embarrass me (sorry about the spelling) What do I do?

View more questions Search