Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ehaskell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 09:21 PM
    Preparation for new texture
    I have a twenty year old kitchen ceiling which is a medium orange peel texture, painted in semi-gloss. I need, because of making it larger by removing a wall, to make the texture a knock down. IF I clean the ceiling with TSP, rinse and prime, will this be adequate for the knock down texture to be applied upon? OR should I rough the orange peel up after the cleaning and before the priming? Or should I do only some but not all of the aforementioned? Thanks very much for your answer. Eric
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Nov 10, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Just priming it should be fine, the TSP may not even be necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Color and texture of ejaculation [ 3 Answers ]

When my husband ejaculates his seaman has changed to a brown color and it is kind of lumpy? What's up with this?

Annoying skin texture [ 3 Answers ]

I have an annoying skin texture... it's fair dry in places but can get oily in others. If I use an abricot scrub daily its fin but I have recently had the contraceptive inplant in which has caused skin problems and I have gained some spots What are the best ways to heklp get rid of these? I'm...

Matching ceiling texture [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I had to cut out a portion of my ceiling due to water damage and I am now trying to match the texture. I know it is kind of hard to figure out without a picture, but here is a description: It definitely looks to have been done by hand with drywall compound and without paint. It has a rough...

How to Spray Knock Down Texture. [ 6 Answers ]

I have an air compressor and a hopper gun. I have been success only sometimes getting the right consistency. The last time I used the spray gun, I think the mixture was too thin because when I went to lightly smooth down the spray, I kind of even a lot of it out and I didn't get the thicker blobs...

Califonia knowkdown texture [ 2 Answers ]

How do you do acalifornia knowkdown on an interior wall

View more questions Search