Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzychopstix Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Owner of the House Lost House While We're Still Paying Him Rent
    I'm currently going through a somewhat messy situation.. My husband and I moved into this house in Victorville about 2 and a half years ago. The house was perfect and the rent was suitable and our 5 kids loved the neighborhood and their new schools. Well about three weeks ago this man had came over and said they wanted to take pictures of our backyard for the bank because the bank was doing an apprasial on the house. I'm completely dumb when it comes to things like this but something struck me as kind of weird so I contacted the real estate agency that helped us rent this house. She told me not to worry and that it was nothing. So about two days ago they slapped a foreclosure notice on our door. Again I called the real estate company and confronted them with this. She claimed that she didn't know anything and she can't even tell us how much longer we have in this house. Then this crazy lady has enough nerve to tell us to give us a 30 day notice and that if the house has no damages then she'll give us our deposit back. If anyone can please tell me if she can legally do this to us and what we should be doing in the mean time I would be most grateful..
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2007, 08:08 PM
    If the house is in foreclosure, you are going to have to move when it goes to auction. If you haven't signed a new lease, you are a month-to-month tenant and can be told to leave with a 30-day notice. If you haven't signed a lease, I would be looking around for a new spot to live, and give notice as soon as you have found one. Also, if the place is being foreclosed on, it means that the owner's finances are not in good shape, which means that it is likely that you will not get your security deposit back. Legally they are required to refund it if there are no damages, but if they don't have the money, what's the likelihood of that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying Cash for a House.. [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, Group! I have poor credit due to events of a worker's comp injury. I have my settlement but cannot get a mortgage (except for very lousy 30-year 9% mortgage from a lender with 50% down) because of my poor credit, even though I have enough to buy the house outright which is $200,000. Should...

Tenant not paying rent with new owner [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, When I sell a rental property and tenant decides not to pay the rent with new owner, am I in risk for any type of lawsuit by new owner? Thanks in advance, Bo

Finding owner of a abanded house? [ 1 Answers ]

Is their a better way to go then a realtor to find the owner of a abanded house. I would I be sure that the realtor just won't buy the house for themselves just to make more money.

Owner of house [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know who owns the addresses of these three residences 3680,3609,3687 jessica dr. macon,ga 31201?

Paying Cash for a House.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Group! I have poor credit due to events of a worker's comp injury. I have my settlement but cannot get a mortgage (except for very lousy 30-year 9% mortgage from a lender with 50% down) because of my poor credit, even though I have enough to buy the house outright which is $200,000. Should...

View more questions Search