Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Nov 9, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Improving movie-making quality
    I'm pretty familiar with basic movie editing but need suggestions to reach a new level.

Right now I use Windows' Movie Maker for everything. My camera is some sort of Sony camcorder (tape). Please keep in mind that I don't intend to spend over $200, and really am shooting for free.

This is what my camcorder looks like, only it's a little older.

My Camcorder

Can anyone suggest a movie-editing program that has more features than Windows' movie maker?

Can you suggest a great sound editing program?

The video quality I have is pretty bad. Is there something on the computer or on the camcorder I can change for better picture quality?

I would like to buy a boom or microphone to use for movies. Would I be able to use it with my current configuration?

Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Nov 18, 2007, 10:42 PM
    iMovie. Absolutely and utmost the best. I'm not sure how much it costs (or if it works on nonMacs (probably)), but it has an incredible amount of features and is very easy to use.

Then for sound, either Audacity or Sound Studio. There are probably better programs but I love how these are set up.

I'm not quite sure about the boom though..
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Nov 19, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I do use audacity sometimes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making varsity and improving in off-season [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a 5'5'' 115lb freshman and I want to play for my high school girls basketball team as PG or SG. My parents didn't let me play this year or in middle school but they will let me play next year (they let me play tennis so I could play a sport but they wouldn't let me try out for basketball) I...

I need a printer for making quality art prints, posters [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of printer should I get if I want to make prints that are colorfast- things like mini posters, postcards, stickers, etc. I can spend 3 or 4 hundred dollars. I read about some thermal dye thing and some other options... I don't know what to get. Thanks

Improving this Memo [ 5 Answers ]

To: All Employees From: B.J. Blackwell Date: February 3rd 2006 Re: Parking Violations Parking violations have worsened and on behalf of management a memo was prepared to take action to prevent the problem. The main issue is individuals parking in the wrong zones including visitors’ zones...

Improving my grass [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Indianapolis, In and it is February now. I have a lawn that used to be a horse pasture and it has a mixture of many kinds of weeds and grasses along with real grass of unknown kind. I want to know how to improve my grass growth and reduce my weeds and other grasses. What can I do in...

Help with making movie needed! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm from Poland and I'm making short 3D computer animation. I'm looking for some help in recording voice. It should be some british english accent voice. If someone will want to help me I will deliver him a short text to record. Nothing complicated - several lines simulating some voice of radio...

View more questions Search