Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinatinagirl5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Kenmore gas dryer don't heat
    Hello, I am a single mom who can't afford to hire someone so please help! I have a Kenmore Gas Dryer Model # 11097274100, Serial # MC0227481. Here is the story: The other day I shut the main power switch off in the house to wire a kitchen light. I turned the main power switch back on when I was done. I put clothes in my dryer and found out there is not heat but everything else works, so the clothes do not dry. I have been searching for an owners manual online and no luck. I looked elsewhere online but when they say check this or that I don't even know what the part looks like that they are talking about. The dryer also has the word "pilotless" on the front. So what I did was I flipped the dryer breaker off and on and off and on just to make sure... still no heat. Then I pulled off the bottom of the dryer hose vent and it was clear. Then I took the whole back panel off but I don't know what to look for. When I laid my head on the floor so I could see under the lowest panel of the dryer (on the bottom) I see tons of dust all over. I was going to stick my vacuum hose in it to suck up the dust but I don't know if I will get a shock or would be in any danger cause gas scares me cause I don't know much about it. I do have the dryer unplugged the gas valve is still turned so it is parallel with the gas line so there is gas flow. I don't know what to do from here but I am really determined to fix this myself. It is rather ironic that it worked before I turned the main breaker off but didn't after I turned it back on. Any help is kindly appreciated! Any pictures or diagram of parts would help me too so I know what you are talking about. Thanks so so so so so much!!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 08:33 AM
    Parts diagram should be at ww3.sears.com. What your probably looking for is a glow from an ignitor. A short time later, the pilot should light. Once the pilot has been proved to be lit, the main gas valve opens.

What doesn't happen?

With the dryer unplugged, clean the dust out. Damaging parts is difficult.
    tinatinagirl5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 02:01 PM
    I cleaned out all the dust. Turned dryer back on and do not see any glow anywhere.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 07:27 PM
    It's more than likely item #64 in the cabinet parts list. The ignitor. From the diagram, it does not look like fun to replace in that unit. It has to have resistance and not be physically broken. It has to glow. It is a part that wears out like a light bulb. About $30.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Gas Dryer won't heat after 5 minutes [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My Kenmore Gas dryer, over 12 years old, model # 110.8754 5100, ignites and blows gas just for few minutes and stops burning. The drum is still running. I turn it off and wait for 15 minutes until the temperatur goes down. I turn the dryer back on and it blows gas and burns again. Just...

Kenmore gas dryer, 80 series-NO HEAT [ 2 Answers ]

I have a kenmore gas dryer, that up until this point I have had no problems with-i dried a load of towels yesterday and then later that day the dryer was turning the clothes but there was no heat!--where do I look first?

Kenmore Elite gas dryer won't heat [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer model number 110 72056 100. When I select a cycle to dry; they dryer turns, the air is blown out of the house; :confused: however, it is cold air even though I have selected a hot air cycle. Please let me know if you know what could be wrong with this. ...

Kenmore Gas Dryer does not heat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Gas Dryer Model #110.97585210 that does not heat. A few weeks ago I shut the gas off because my wife said the laundry room smells like gas. So, the first thing I did was shut the gas off and waited a day to see if the laundry room continued to smell like gas. Well, luckily the...

View more questions Search