Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UnigirlBelle Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 05:37 AM
    VCR tapes to computer files
    I was wondering if there was any way to hook up a VCR to a computer so that I can save some stuff I have on my VHS tapes onto a CD.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2007, 05:46 AM
    Why don't you use a DVD-Recorder that can record what's playing on TV? That way you play your VHS tape and record it to DVD using the recorder then you can backup it up on PC. Long way but that's how I do it.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Nov 10, 2007, 03:41 PM
    You can get hardware to help you do this for under 30USD. Google the phrase "usb video capture". Here's a how-to page you might find interesting:

CNET How-to: Convert VHS to digital - CNET reviews

Vasily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

MY SLOW COMPUTER-maybe registry files? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! You wouldn't believe just how long it took me just to log onto this site. My computer is running extremely slow. I have a gut feeling it is my registry files. I degfragged, ran diagnostics, cleaning up my files, etc. Nothing works. I have downloaded a Registry Cleaner file, but, of course,...

Capture a vcr tape into my computer [ 5 Answers ]

I love to get this old VCR tape into my computer. I see the vcr machine has audio/video outlet. How can I extract this tape and feed it into my computer. I have a digital camera. I guess I Need some capturing equipment?

Downloading music cassette tapes to computer [ 6 Answers ]

I have a large collection of old music that is recorded on the old music cassette tapes. I have heard that it is possible to download these tapes to your PC. I have a COMPAQ Presario R3000 Laptop. I hope you can advise me of the proper additional hardware I will need, and the steps I must take...

How do I convert vcr tapes to windows media player files [ 1 Answers ]

My computer has a dvd burner in it. I have a camcorder that records onto small tapes. I know how to convert them to vcr tape but I want to put them on my computer and burn the videos onto a dvd. My camcorder will not take a usb adaptor it only goes to rca ends (yellow, red and white) is there...

Move video tapes to computer [ 1 Answers ]

How do I hook up my VCR to my computer so that I can download the contents to my hard drive so that I can make a DVD. Do I need a program to do this or just hardware?

View more questions Search