Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharon79 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 05:34 AM
    Bad breath
    Hello,,

My problem is my husband has a bad breath... I am the one who is ashamed to the people he talk,, he is working and always talking to his client...

What will I do to minimize his bad breath, I tried to give him some tongue freshner but it didn't works... please help me...
    Koolkitty Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon79
    hello,,,

my problem is my husband has a bad breath... i am the one who is ashamed to the people he talk,,, he is working and always talking to his client...

what will i do to minimize his bad breath,, i tried to give him some tongue freshner but it didn't works.... please help me....
    I would suggest that your husband goes for a dental exam. Bad breath could be a sign of decaying teeth or gum disease. Maybe he needs a scale and polish, is he a regular attender? What are his oral hygiene habits? He should be brushing twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and flossing daily to get rid of any old food between his teeth. He could have a gum infection known as ANUG, in which case he may require antibiotics.

If all of the above have been checked, the only suggestions I have are to brush his tongue with a toothbrush on a daily basis, make sure he drinks plenty of water, as dehydration can cause bad breath, and watch what he eats. Garlic is always going to cause a bad smell. If he is a smoker, tell him to give up!

Hope this helps!
    RentalManager Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 09:30 AM
    hello,,,

my problem is my husband has a bad breath... i am the one who is ashamed to the people he talk,,, he is working and always talking to his client...

what will i do to minimize his bad breath,, i tried to give him some tongue freshner but it didn't works.... please help me....
    Brushing on a regular basis is a must. Also, we use a tongue scrapper after brushing. They sell them in all the grocery stores and drug stores.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 9, 2007, 09:57 AM
    He should also be checked for a disease called H. pylori whose main symptom is bad breath. It can be treated with antibiotics.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2007, 11:16 AM
    There is a mouth rinse, toothpaste and breath spray called ClosysII. It may only be available in dental offices. This is their website:
    CloSYS.com

If the suggestions of the above members and the Closys doesn't help he should see his medical doctor to rule out any stomach/digestion problems (acid reflux is a common one).

I hope this helps.
    womanontheverge Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 02:06 PM
    hello,,,

My sister had this chronic bad breath she could not get rid of. She brushed, flossed, washed, scraped, had her teeth cleaned regularly, etc. In fact, she was a bit of a fanatic.
    The smell was quite pungent, and I have smelled it on other people. Turns out she had these little lumps (essentially decaying food particles) stuck in the pockets where her tonsils are. I think they are referred to as tonsil stones, or something like that. One day, she saw them when looking at the back of her mouth and freaked out. She was able to dislodge one with her finger and it was definitely the source of the bad smell. Her dentist had never heard of it and now she keeps a vigilant eye on the back of her throat.
    I think there might be info about these on the web. Ask your husband to look at the back of his throat and see if he sees or feels any little white lumps there.
    Good luck.
    Queenshi Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 02:45 PM
    The first step is to see a reputable dentist, and basically brush after meals and floss daily. Some people just have more of a problem with bad breath than others. Just like some people sweat more than others or have smelly feet.
    drsam Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Apr 29, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolkitty
    I would suggest that your husband goes for a dental exam. Bad breath could be a sign of decaying teeth or gum disease. Maybe he needs a scale and polish, is he a regular attender? What are his oral hygiene habits? He should be brushing twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and flossing daily to get rid of any old food between his teeth. He could have a gum infection known as ANUG, in which case he may require antibiotics.

If all of the above have been checked, the only suggestions I have are to brush his tongue with a toothbrush on a daily basis, make sure he drinks plenty of water, as dehydration can cause bad breath, and watch what he eats. Garlic is always going to cause a bad smell. If he is a smoker, tell him to give up!!

Hope this helps!!

Do you know what is EXACTLY IS ANUG..?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Why are you asking koolkitty this drsam?:confused:

ANUG is Acute Necrotizing Ulcerative Gingivitis
    drsam Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Apr 30, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Yup... I did quoted her...
    Stephen100 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Just buy some tick tacks. LOTS.:cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neverending Bad Breath [ 5 Answers ]

I Have Been Suffering With This Problem For Years Now. It Seems As Though I Am Actually Breathing Bad Breath Through My Nose! I Can Enter A Room And Within Minutes Someone Will Say Somebody Has Bad Breath Of Course That's Me. No Sinus Problems No Metabolic Abnormalities Except Pylori Does This...

BAd breath [ 5 Answers ]

What causes bad breath? Most days after a whole day at work I get bad breath :( My fiancé notices it too. Which is abit :o embaressing.. I don't have any pain in my teeth and I brush my teeth everyday. Once or twice.

Bad breath [ 3 Answers ]

is there anything i can do about my puppys bad breath?:eek: :confused: L0L

Cure for bad breath [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, you see I am a 28 yr old journalist and I suffer a lot for bad breath in every sphere of my life if you can help me to get rid of it I would be so grateful. DESCRIPTION I have a sort of yellowish stain over my front teeth which I am sure ISN'T due to lack of brushing or proper care and...

Bad Breath [ 3 Answers ]

How to avoid bad breath? I was told that Salt Water Gargling will prevent Bad Breath? Is it true?

View more questions Search