Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    e_coronel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 12:50 AM
    Need to know if I'm pregnant?
    I have always had my period every 3 to 4 weeks, I have 1 child born health(7) and had an abortion 5 years ago, 2 years ago my doctor said I had a small ovarion cysts on one of my ovaries, ever since then I have had different relationships (sexually) and have not been able to conceive - the doctors claim it is normal for someone my age (23 years old) . On September 3, 2007 I had my last period, it was very light so I had intercourse during my period, up until 9/11/07 it became very heavy all the way until 9/18/07(last day) , since then I have not spotted or had my period its been about 2 months... my back hurts, I get really dizzy, my hips got bigger and sometimes I feel like throwing up. I went to the doctor almost certain I was pregnant but my urine test was negative, then on 11/6/07 I took a blood test and it was also negative. I do not know what to believe, I mean how much longer does a person have to wait to know weather they are pregnant, what if I am pregnant I do not want to take or do anything that can cause me to loose this child, I really would like some expert advice... :confused:
    kate2 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Nov 9, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by e_coronel
    I have always had my period every 3 to 4 weeks, I have 1 child born health(7) and had an abortion 5 years ago, 2 years ago my doctor said I had a small ovarion cysts on one of my ovaries, ever since then I have had different relationships (sexually) and have not been able to conceive - the doctors claim it is normal for someone my age (23 years old) . On September 3, 2007 I had my last period, it was very light so I had intercourse during my period, up until 9/11/07 it became very heavy all the way until 9/18/07(last day) , since then I have not spotted or had my period its been about 2 months ... my back hurts, i get really dizzy, my hips got bigger and sometimes I feel like throwing up. I went to the doctor almost certain I was pregnant but my urine test was negative, then on 11/6/07 I took a blood test and it was also negative. I do not know what to believe, I mean how much longer does a person have to wait to know weather they are pregnant, what if I am pregnant I do not want to take or do anything that can cause me to loose this child, I really would like some expert advice ..... :confused:
    Something you may not have considered is that you were pregnant and had a miscarriage (the heavy period in september) without knowing it. I have had two miscarriages and the hormones from even being pregnant for a short time has given my pregnancy symptoms that lasted a few cycles. Anyway if your doc says your not pregnant you are most likely not not pregnant.
    Good luck and don't worry
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Nov 11, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Wow! You are 23 and you have a 7 year old, and an abortion 5 years ago! Did you not learn after the first and second time?
    linds03 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Your not pregnant... that you can be sure of. The baby hormone HCG will start being secreted into your bloodstream on day 6 after conception... a blood test is the only true way of knowing, and if yours came back negative, you are absolutely not pregnant. However, if your still missing periods, you should go in again and see your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm very confused.Pregnant or Not [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! A few weeks ago I suspected that I was pregnant so I took a pregnancy test. It came up negative. I have taken two more since then and the also came up negative. However, I am still showing many signs of pregnancy, so I don't know whether to trust the test or see a doctor. My current symptoms...

Confused about being pregnant. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone this is my first time on this site and I have an important question to ask about pregnancy. Well my last period was June 4th and I haven't had one since. Every month I feel like my period is going to come but it never does. I have pregnancy symptoms on and off now all I feel is...

So confused. Am I pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying for a baby with my partner for ages. Now I have started bleeding lightly. Its been 4 days since it started. Its varies in colour from a light pink to a red. Could I be pregnant?

Confused about maybe being pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I want to know if you can honestly be pregnant and still have your period? I have had so many people tell me that I look pregnant its kind of scary. But at the same time I am kind of scared to take a test. Not to mention I was told if I wasn't then if I thought about being pregnant too much...

Could I be Pregnant anyway.confused! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, the last day of my period was feb 23 and I was intimate with my fiancé the 24 and 25th about two weeks later I started to feel sick and my back was hurting I had some minor cramping. I thought nothing of it I just figured it was just my body telling me that my monthly friend was gearing up for...

View more questions Search