Faborgirl Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Nov 17, 2007, 09:58 PM
    Yes, my piano teacher would have one every year
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Faborgirl
    Yes, my piano teacher would have one every year
    I have two grand pianos in my living room. I have had most of my student's recitals in my home. Sometimes also in a music store or at churches where I have been the music person. I can seat over 50 people.

Did you enjoy playing the Ballade? Please tell me why you did or why you didn't.

Nov 17, 2007, 10:12 PM
    Yes, it was of course challenging, but that only made it more rewarding when I did eventually get it perfect! My piano teacher suggested it
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 10:14 PM
    So what is it about Chopin that might not be appealing to you? Or, am I making an incorrect assumption?

Nov 17, 2007, 10:25 PM
    The challenge mostly
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 10:30 PM
    The challenge mostly
    Ah, I see! But, you do like challenges, correct? Getting into acting and playing things that are more difficult are going to be challenges. There are some pieces by Liszt that I play that have taken me over three years to get the hang of. Even then, they aren't truly as finshed as the way that I want them to be. It will take a number of years until they really "settle in." I mean, I play them well enough now to perform them in public. But, they still aren't exactly to my satisfaction. I am sure that you have felt a similar way about some pieces that you have played.

When you here professionals play Chopin do you love what you are hearing? Do you aspire to be playing the same pieces, that is, if you do really like or love the pieces?

Nov 17, 2007, 11:22 PM
    Yes, I do quite enjoy playing classical, but I wouldn't say it is my favorite style of music with the piano. I apologize for the delay, I got a phone call, and time got away from me.
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 11:32 PM
    Thank you for coming back! So, what is your favorite style of music if you have a favorite style?

I'm going to need to leave here for just a little bit. But, I will be back. I hope that you are still here. If not, then we can continue another time.

Some additional questions for you that are important concerning your getting into acting:

Have you played any show tunes from musicals?

If you have played any show tunes, do you know how to improvise on them in such a way that you can basically play them instantly without having to learn absolutely every single note that is in the music on the pages?

Have you ever sang and played at the same time?

Since you play the piano so well, have you ever accompanied people for singing?

Have you ever played for a musical on any of the instruments that you play?

Nov 17, 2007, 11:52 PM
    I have so many answers for you, but I think I'm too tired to answer them all!
    Would it be all right if I went to bed, and reply tomorrow?
    Maybe we can pick up from here, then
    Thanks so much!
    -Fabor
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 11:56 PM
    I have so many answers for you, but I think im too tired to answer them all!
    Would it be alright if I went to bed, and reply tomorrow?
    Maybe we can pick up from here, then
    Thanks so much!
    -Fabor
    Yes. Of course we can! Replying tomorrow is fine. I will look forward to it! Also, I appreciate you being so sensible to go to bed at decent hours. You could teach me a thing or two about that, I am sure! :)
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2007, 09:50 PM
    I hope that you will return to here and that you are okay, Fabor! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with Acting [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help me. At the moment I'm studying computers but for the last 4-5 months I have been really interested in becoming an actor. Where I live there isn't many acting classes, I don't no what to do. How do I get into the business? I have no experience in...

Acting! [ 4 Answers ]

To whom it may concern, I am very, very interested in becoming involved in community theatre here in chicago. I currently live in chicago and have just completed a year's worth of acting classes at a local theatre school. Simply, I want to start performing. I want to really experience the...

Thinking and Acting [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I read a quote from Bruce Lee who has, in my opinion, interesting quotes he created and borrowed from philosophy he read. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done. A short quote yet very interesting. I think it's true since I observe some fears in...

Any suggestions on how to get my 48 year old husband to stop acting like he's 3? [ 10 Answers ]

Here's my situation: I've been married to a man whom I love very deeply, but who makes me crazy with his infantile behavior when it comes to sex. This past three weeks are a prime example of this... On December 22nd, I drove to the college our son attends (some 200 miles one way from...

TV acting weird! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Samsung 27 in TV that is about 4.5 yrs old. Recently the screen has been fading to black (w/ sound still on) right after I turn it on and a minute or two later, the picture comes back and it's fine. If I turn it off for a little while and turn it back on the same thing happens. I know you...

View more questions Search