Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Faborgirl Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Nov 11, 2007, 10:51 PM
    Yes, I can Agree with the fact of practicing being a chore, but it is only some of the time with me. I occasionally am learning a piece I just love, and it is so much fun playing it, again and again! Most of the time, however it is a chore, a painful chore at that. But as you said, the reward is so worth the labor
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 11:01 PM
    You are speaking with a maturity that goes beyond the usual for someone your age. I am thoroughly impressed! I am currently working on an answer for another one of your posts. Will be done shortly. Thank you!
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 11:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Faborgirl
    Wellll, usually I just mess around on the piano until I come up with something I enjoy more then the original part of the piece. I have heard of chords related to I, ii, and iii. I've never leanred them, and I didnt know that there were more Chords, and Im intrigued to learn more about them!
    Then it certainly sounds like you have an excellent ear! This being because you are able to figure things out on your own as to what you want to here. That is how I began. I can certainly help you with learning more about chords and their functions, if you would like. And, I would be glad to do that!

But, this thread is concerning acting. Everything that I have been asking and discussing with you, is being geared in that direction.

Have you had any singing experience at all?

Nov 11, 2007, 11:12 PM
    Yes, couldn't agree more! So can you tell me anything about my acting yet? Any route you think I should try to pursue?

Nov 11, 2007, 11:17 PM
    Singing? My voice isn't the best, but I still love to sing! Ive had no training however, so I guess that might be why Im not the best at it.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 11:18 PM
    Wellll, usually I just mess around on the piano until I come up with something I enjoy more then the original part of the piece. I have heard of chords related to I, ii, and iii. I've never leanred them, and I didnt know that there were more Chords, and Im intrigued to learn more about them!
    Just so you know, the group that I played with this weekend - I have to make up my entire part on the piano. All I have are chord symbols. Occasionally, I might have a melody line written in that I can follow when improvising on the chords. But, most of the time, that is not the case. I must listen and be alert at all times as to what is happening in the music, so that I can voice and arrange the notes in the chords that I am playing so that they fit the music the most ideal way. I feel that you are someone who is ripe for doing something like that someday. The piano is the backbone to the entire group.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 11:19 PM
    Yes, couldnt agree more! So can you tell me anything about my acting yet? Any route you think I should try to pursue?
    Does your school put on musicals and/or plays?
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 11:27 PM
    Singing? My voice isnt the best, but I still love to sing! Ive had no training however, so I guess that might be why Im not the best at it.
    We can all sing. It's just that we haven't been all born with a Stradivarius for an instrument. Also, if we can walk, we can dance. If we can talk, we can sing.

Your singing voice, even if you were to have had proper training in the utilization of it for singing, won't reach it's maturity for many years from now. Although, I did hear on the radio tonight, an 18-year-old girl who attends the Interlochen Academy for the Arts who is a mezzo-soprano who sang a solo, and who sounded like she could have been 35.

I'm sure that you would do well at singing. But, it would be another discipline at which you would have to endeavor to be good.

In order to get into acting and to be in musicals, you don't have to have that great of a singing voice in order to start by being in choruses. Being able to sing, at least some, is going to broaden out your possibilities that you will have concerning acting.

Nov 11, 2007, 11:29 PM
    Wow, that's amazing that you could improvise like that! My school usually puts on a play every other year. This is the year, and auditions start beginning of January
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 11:32 PM
    Wow, thats amazing that you could improvise like that! My school usually puts on a play every other year. This is the year, and auditions start beginning of January
    Thank you for the compliment! I have gone through the "chores" of knowing how to do what I do. But, it has been worth it!

Is it a musical? Or, a play without music that your school will be doing?

Nov 11, 2007, 11:34 PM
    I never thought of singing in that way. I always thought that either you had the talent, or you didn't. It makes my happy though when you say anybody can sing, for Ive always wanted to have that skill

Nov 11, 2007, 11:35 PM
    A play without music.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 11:42 PM
    I never thought of singing in that way. I always thought that either you had the talent, or you didnt. It makes my happy though when you say anybody can sing, for Ive always wanted to have that skill
    And, you can! You already do have the skill... I have taught literally hundreds of singers. You just have to try. And, also find the right person who believes in you and realizes that everyone is born with a voice and thus the ability to also sing. :)
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 11:43 PM
    A play without music.
    Rats! I was hoping that it would be a musical. But, you know what? Please try out for it. Will it be open for anyone who wants to to try out if they want?
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 11:52 PM
    I just wanted to add that, if it had been a musical, then there would be more opportunities for people to try out and also to have parts. In a spoken play, you don't normally have choruses of people, unless it is some sort of Greek play that is of very ancient origin.

Nov 11, 2007, 11:54 PM
    Yes, open Auditions. This would be my first audtion. Ever. The thought, its exciting, but slightly nerve-racking

Nov 11, 2007, 11:55 PM
    Why do Greek plays that is of very ancient origin sometimes have choruses?
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2007, 12:01 AM
    Why do Greek plays that is of very ancient origin sometimes have choruses?
    They usually have spoken choruses of people. A chorus doesn't have to always involve singing.
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2007, 12:02 AM
    Yes, open Auditions. This would be my first audtion. Ever. The thought, its exciting, but slightly nerve-racking
    Is it listed yet as to what the requirements are for the auditions? Believe me, I do know how nerve-racking auditions can be!

Nov 12, 2007, 12:05 AM
    No, but I don't think there are any. There hasn't been any in previous years, for a close friend of mine is quite involved in theater, and she tells me about past productions our school has put on. Actually, she is one of the reasons Im so interested in acting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with Acting [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help me. At the moment I'm studying computers but for the last 4-5 months I have been really interested in becoming an actor. Where I live there isn't many acting classes, I don't no what to do. How do I get into the business? I have no experience in...

Acting! [ 4 Answers ]

To whom it may concern, I am very, very interested in becoming involved in community theatre here in chicago. I currently live in chicago and have just completed a year's worth of acting classes at a local theatre school. Simply, I want to start performing. I want to really experience the...

Thinking and Acting [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I read a quote from Bruce Lee who has, in my opinion, interesting quotes he created and borrowed from philosophy he read. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done. A short quote yet very interesting. I think it's true since I observe some fears in...

Any suggestions on how to get my 48 year old husband to stop acting like he's 3? [ 10 Answers ]

Here's my situation: I've been married to a man whom I love very deeply, but who makes me crazy with his infantile behavior when it comes to sex. This past three weeks are a prime example of this... On December 22nd, I drove to the college our son attends (some 200 miles one way from...

TV acting weird! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Samsung 27 in TV that is about 4.5 yrs old. Recently the screen has been fading to black (w/ sound still on) right after I turn it on and a minute or two later, the picture comes back and it's fine. If I turn it off for a little while and turn it back on the same thing happens. I know you...

View more questions Search