Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Printing from my wireless laptop
    I'll apologize up front if this question is redundant, but I couldn't find an answer that seemed to apply.

I currently have a PC with the printer attached and am using a DSL modem with wireless router for the laptop. I am wondering if there is a way to print to the printer that is connected to the PC, from the laptop?

I appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Thank You
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2007, 10:16 PM
    Yep, share the printer. A Google search for "printer sharing" should give you plenty of hits.

Hopefully the PC already shares the internet connection.
    kabul_boy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Hi Missouri,

First of all you have to connect your laptop to wireless modem after that go to control panel in your laptop and after that start Add new Printer Wizard and select add Network printer or attached to other computer after that if you choose first option the wizard will search auto on network (Note: the printer and the computer must be on during installation)
    Once the wizard finished next time you don't need to install again,

I wish to my answer can solve your problem,

Rafi Nezami,
    MCSE 2003,
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Nov 10, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Bound
    I'll apologize up front if this question is redundant, but I couldn't find an answer that seemed to apply.

I currently have a pc with the printer attached and am using a DSL modem with wireless router for the laptop. I am wondering if there is a way to print to the printer that is connected to the pc, from the laptop?

I appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Thank You
    First foremost try to install the driver of the printer, and make sure u choose appropriate port for the printer I by choosing LPT1 after the installation cheek may be the is confugured very well in device manager after that you can send to printer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird Wireless Issue, laptop shuts down wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes. I am in the process of fixing a buddies computer. He has a dv8000 HP. When I got it, he said that it will not connect to the internet either through wireless or cat5. I brought it home, were have a wireless network and tried to connect. I get no connection and limited or no...

Wireless printing [ 11 Answers ]

I would like to connect my sager 8790 notebook with win xp to my hp 7150 Photosmart printer through my linksys wireless-g 4 port router how do I do this Thanks lee

Wireless printing [ 3 Answers ]

Anybody have any experience, want to use a wireless printer at the house? What do I need and what can I get? Thanks joecev

Wireless printing [ 2 Answers ]

How do I connect my dell laptop to print on my home computer wireless

View more questions Search