Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dave292 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 07:40 PM
    Blower Motor (I think) Hum - Lennox Pulse 21 Heating Unit
    Hi - I'm in a new home and turned on the furnace for the first time - a Lennox Pulse 21, fairly new by the looks of it. It was inspected a few weeks ago by the home inspector and passed, but I didn't notice anything at that time. When the unit starts up, and begins blowing heat, there is a noticeable hum in certain parts of the house. I don't know if it's the motor, or some resonance in the ductwork (and can't even be sure when standing right next to the unit - I'm afraid to run it with the panels off). Upstairs, the sound of a television or stereo pretty much masks it, but it's there and it's bothersome. On the other hand, this house has two cold air returns, and heats up much faster than my prior home. Right now, I'm awaiting it to kick on again, and depending on the insulation, perhaps the unit won't come on that often or that long to make this a real issue. I live in the middle of Ohio, so obviously there is a significant
    Winter. Any advice or help appreciated - thanks.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2007, 08:03 PM
    That's the sound it makes when its working right. That's the reason they call it the lennox pulse, It makes a pulsating noise while air moves through a diaphragm into the burner area. You can quite it down by adding a flex connector to the supply and return air duct. It will help the noise from transmitting through the duct work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox pulse furnace fails to remain started [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox G21 pulse furnace installed in 1993. The unit will start to pulse briefly - maybe 5 seconds or so, and then shut off. We've had two service calls recently. On one call they replaced a flapper, and on the other call did the pressure test, which passed. I've done a visual...

Blower does not shut off on 15 yr old Bryant heating unit [ 2 Answers ]

The blower on my 12-15 yr old Bryant keeps going ignoring the t-stat stetting. I taught it was the t-stat, I replaced it and it still does the same thing. About a year ago the board was replaced with a newer one that has a fuse (3 amps) And was told that with the fuse it would prevent it from...

Size of ac unit needed to match a carrrier heating unit [ 3 Answers ]

I had a Carrier natural gas heating unit installed in 2003. Model number 58STA/STX 070 Catalog number 535-80105. My ac unit has gone out and the company I bought the heating unit from has gone out of business. What size ac unit will match the heating unit? Thanks so much!:cool:

Furnace blower hum [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 90 gas forced air furance which is about 10 years old. When the blower kicks on there is a humming noise which then goes away after a few seconds. It is rather a loud noise. What can be done to prevent this noise?

View more questions Search