Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arleneharlow Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Ms
    Does a year to year lease automatically go to a month to month if it is not specified in the year lease?
    kali1010 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arleneharlow
    Does a year to year lease automatically go to a month to month if it is not specified in the year lease?
    I don't think so mabey;) ;) ;)
    kali1010 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Yes
    LILL Posts: 212, Reputation: 15

Nov 8, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Unless the lease has a clause for auto-renewal. But if no such clause exists, then you are considered a month to month tenant or tenant at will. Keep in mind that the terms of the original lease are still enforcable for the duration of tenancy.
    Angel_Wings Posts: 105, Reputation: 13

Nov 9, 2007, 09:07 PM
    Does it matter what state you live in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No signed lease--unreasonable terms [ 1 Answers ]

My roommates and I are living in a house. The Landlord offered us 2 months free rent if we painted her entire house. She gave us the keys, we painted the house, and moved in. I asked her for a copy of the lease numerous times, but she kept "forgetting it" or "typed the wrong lease" Therefore we...

Terms under which lease may be broken by tenant NYC [ 3 Answers ]

I am renting an apartment in NYC under a standard apartment lease. My next door neighbor has been reconstructing his apartment resulting in loud noises starting at 8 am and lasting for hours.This has been going on for a few months. My question is; do I have the right to request a lease...

Terms of Breaking a Lease [ 6 Answers ]

I need to break my lease in Florida. My lease if for 1 year. In my lease it doesn't specify what is done when a lease is broken. It does say that it follows Florida Statute Chapter 83 section II for everything not covered in the lease. I read through the chapter and it doesn't say what happens when...

Lease terms with new owners [ 5 Answers ]

I'm considering buying a duplex in Iowa that currently has tenants that are both just into year leases... 9 mo left and 11 mo left. I'm looking for a property for my mother and her sister to live. This one would meet their needs, but needs some TLC. 1) Am I correct in understanding that...

Lease terms, Rent and Concesse [ 2 Answers ]

I have rented an apartment and the expiration date of it is on Feb.28th, 2007 and on Jan.23rd, 2007, I received a letter from the lessor saying that my rental is going to increase then on Jan.27th, 2007 I sent my Notice of Vacate, my contract is 6 months basis, Now I am in a hard situation based on...

View more questions Search