Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alana1970 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Payment arrangement
    My husband had a Chase credit card for 911.00 that recently was sent to a collection agency we sent them a letter to try to make payment arrangements. They got it on the 10/29/07 yet they keep calling saying you know what this is about he hasn't spoken to them. We wanted something in writing from them. Should he send them another letter requesting this again or just wait.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 8, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Yes, Send them a letter citing the FDCPA telling them they can only contact him by mail. Repeat the settlement offer and ask for written acceptance or a counter offer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a collections agency refuse payment or payment arrangement ? [ 2 Answers ]

I owe a hospital bill of $1000 from back in march and it has gone to a collections agency. Now my problem is, my insurance company actually sent me the check to make the payment. They instructed me to put it into my checking account then send a personal check to the creditor. However when I put...

Credit agency refusing to accept a payment arrangement. [ 6 Answers ]

I was notified yesterday afternoon that I had 48 hours to let a collection agency know if I am able to pay a debit which the creditor had charged off in 2001. This is from an account that was in my name (while married to my ex) and they used his income to qualify me for the credit. Before our...

Refused collection arrangement [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best answer listed below if a collection agency refuses an arrangement... should the client (1) not try to pay the account (2) ignore contacts from the agency and save until they have the entire amount (3)document the offer in writing and send the money each month anyway This...

Married vs Business Arrangement [ 7 Answers ]

I got so called "married" in 1999. My so called "husband" hasn't a clue as to what it means to be married. He never wanted sex, never wanted to talk, went on vacations with his fishing buddies - never took his 9-year-old daughter and I, we slept in separate bedrooms, he complained about...

View more questions Search