Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chelsea123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 11:05 AM
    What do I do, before I lose everything?
    Okay I've been with this guy for five months and were engaged, but for like the past couple months he's totally changed he never cuddles with me anymore, he won't talk to me about anything, he never wants to have sex, no matter how hard I try, he doesn't help me with my anxiety problems anymore. He use to always cuddle with me, he use to always want to have sex, if I was having any problems or anything emotional I could always count on him to make me feel better, I felt safe, but now I don't feel safe anymore, I don't feel loved, ill cry all the time even in front of him sometimes and he will just sit there, and when I try to talk to him he won't say anything back, he tells me he's stressed but its just been going on so long and it seems to be getting worse. He will also act happy and nice to everyone else but is so mean to me, I'm so upset and depressed, what is going on or what should I do! I don't want to lose him...
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Nov 8, 2007, 11:16 AM
    My opinion, maybe you made him too much the focus of your happiness now your dependent on him to validate your happiness.. What do you do for fun? Do you have any hobbies? DO you have girlfriends? What are you doing for leisure? Does he hang with his friends? Sometimes, when we don't feel as loved as we should feel it's because of our own insecurities... But also men sex drive does cease when they are stressed it is true that men sex drive decreases when their stress levels increase... You need not to put anymore stress on him by having episodes or crying outburst... How can he tell you anything right now when you're an emotional mess?? He is being considerate in not adding more stress to you by telling you all his problems. Sex doesn't validate the love you have for each other sex is only an accesorry to being in love and shouldn't be confused with love.. We do that at times.. We often think that if we have more sex it shows us our mate loves us more its not the quanity of the sex but the quality of the sex when you do get intimate..
    Take a deep breath, do something that you like, get friends... go to the gym, find other things that will make you happy and at the end of the day come home to your man with a better attitude

I hope I helped..
    linds03 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 11:19 AM
    I would seriously give this guy an ultimatum... 1.we go and get some counseling together or 2.we're done, engagement off. It' rough, but he is not treating you fairly for whatever reason. His behavior is strange and a little suspicious to me. It sounds like he may be un sure or pressured about the wedding. What he needs to realize is that marriage is based on communication... the very thing he is lacking right now! This is his problem and he needs to fix it. I understand you don't want to lose him, but think about the alternative... a very unhappy marriage that will eventually lead to divorce. Put this guy in his place.
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Nov 8, 2007, 11:24 AM
    I went through the same thing with my ex. Everything was fine between us and then all of a sudden he did a 180. Didn't want to cuddle, wouldn't talk to me, didn't want sex (no matter how hard I tried), didn't want to be seen in public with me, but didn't want me to leave, said it was just because he was stressed. Turns out he was cheating on me with 4 or 5 other girls. I'm not saying he is, but the sudden change could be the guilt he's having because he doesn't want to hurt you, but he is by not being honest with you. My best advice is that if you're already feeling like this and you've only been together for 5 months that you should get out now. If you're not happy and the honey moon phase really shouldn't be over yet, something isn't right and you should find someone that REALLY appreciates you.
    Sdjosh Posts: 215, Reputation: 41

Nov 8, 2007, 01:09 PM
    I'm not exactly sure I agree that this is his problem so much. If you have anxiety problems and other issues that you are depending on him to help... cure... work through then he is probably overly stressed. He may even start to resent you for those issues. Im sure he loves you and wants to help but it can be a big burden on someone to take care of someone's issues. He may just be tired of the rollercoaster.

The best thing may be to get some outside assistance in this matter. Get some counseling for yourself and don't put the burden on him so much.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 8, 2007, 01:34 PM
    I would get some counseling just for you, and I would also go to marriage counseling as a couple. I am going with my fiancée right now. At the church we will be getting married at, you have to do the premarital counseling for a month. I didn't think we needed it at first, but it has really helped us! We've been able to communicate better, and I think we are both less stressed. It sounds like there is something going on with him, stress could be the cause. I think counseling might help him open up more and deal with his feelings. Work through it now, before you get married. It's better not to bring a bunch of issues into a new marriage. Hopefully, he will agree to go and you guys can get to the bottom of this. Good luck!
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Nov 8, 2007, 01:47 PM
    I don't think she needs to jump to all kinds of conclusions right away and dump this guy. This is why the divorce rate is as high as it is because nobody wants to talk anymore!! What I think you need to do is get yourself together, sit down with him and talk. Tell him to be open and honest about anything no matter what it is, you will figure out what to do about it. If he then tells you that he has changed his mind, then you have your answer. Communication is the key here, but a guy won't open up and talk to you if he feels he will be attacked for his answers. You need to approach him in a nonemotional, non threatening kind of way.
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Nov 8, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Maybe having someone sit in front of him and cry is not his idea of a fun date. Don't know, call me crazy, but relationships should be a two way street, give and take. If he has been doing the giving, I would think that gets old. Have you been diagnosed? Get professional help if you have anxiety and emotional problems. He is not qualified to be your counselor, and it is not fair to him to burden him with that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me lose it [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm brandon and I'm 15. Now I play football and I want to get into rele good shape. Im 5'9 and 160 pounds. I work out and have muscle but I still am not happy with my body. My stomach seems to get huge every time I eat the littlest things and I dotn want to end up making myself throw up just...

Why did he lose it? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey there, my boy and I have been together for a long time, I am 18 and he is 19... there was a situation which I am confused about... sex has never been a topic for him and I until now, we have never had sex or oral sex besides the whole dry sex thing where clothes stay on... the other night when...

I'm going to lose her, how do we get through this? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 28 and my girlfriend is 25. I have been in a relationship for over three years with my girlfriend and I love her to bits but I have a problem with myself in that I keep going behind her back to go on gay or bi chat sites, not to meet anyone but to chat and arrange a meet but never can go...

Got to figure out washer problem before hubby finds out what I did [ 4 Answers ]

Hi -hope someone can help. I washed a cotton quilt batting, which fell apart into a thousand "wads" of cotton, in various sizes and lengths. I pulled out as many as I could find, including some from the holes in the tub of the washer. The washer no longer drains. I suspect I've plugged...

Sex before marriage ? [ 6 Answers ]

i am a 26 years muslim guy, and i love a girl who is a cousin in my relation ,she is 20 years old, we were best friends since our childhood , but since last three years we love each other, we have done many times oral sex , but as per the islamic rule it is not good , so i m very much tensed...

View more questions Search