Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lillian20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 09:50 AM
    What are sexoffenders Rights?
    I have a boyfriend and he is a Sexoffender. I also have a little girl who is 8 months old. But he is not the daddy to her.I would like to know his rights about living with me and doing things with us. Meaning me and my little girl? What he can do and what he can't do?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Hello lillian:

It depends on where you live and the details of his conviction and supervision, if any.

excon
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Nov 8, 2007, 10:17 AM
    I agree with excon, it depends on the restrictions in his supervision plan that he received because of his charge. If he is a "sex offender" as you say he must be registered and will most likely have specific requirements placed on him by the state. Ask him for these documents
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Nov 17, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Why in the world would you want a convicted sex offender in the same home as your 8 month old child?

Admittedly there are a few (very very few) individuals in which the SO classification is wrong (like two minors who get caught) but in most cases, Why would you?

Check out his paperwork carefully, otherwise not only can he go to jail-- but you could be reported to FCAS for putting your child in danger.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Reading this ladys post makes me wonder what in the hell some women are thinking. Then I find this article on my homepage.ZoomTown - News
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Yes, he has the right to move out and not be around children. Why not worry about the poor child's rights being forced to live in a home with a known sex offender.

A parent who puts their hormones desires over the safety of their child is beyond words to me.

He has not special rights, he needs to be registered, and if part of his sentence is not to live in or with or be in contact with children he has the right to be arrested and set back to jail for being around that child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

Legal Rights, Moral rights, and rights in general [ 5 Answers ]

Something popped up when I was answering a question the other day. My opinion is that there are laws(legal rights etc) and RIGHTS (moral rights) I though that itd be interesting to discuss. What are your opinions/experiences? Do you believe that the law has the right to determine our rights?

Custody rights versus Paternity rights [ 3 Answers ]

I will try to get this down in the most unconfusing way possible. My husband and his former wife, allegedly had a baby together, Baby X we will call her. My husband has paternity questions about the child, due to the fact he found the X-wife and his brother-in-law in bed together. Two years...

What rights do I have? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm not the blood father of my daughter, but I've brought her up, since she was 3months old.. The 'father' of my daughter doesn't have anything to do with her.. A few weeks ago, my girlfriend and I's relationship broke up.. She is with someone else now, who is nothing but trouble.. ...

Tenant Rights VS Roommate Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I, the master tenant, recently took on a roommate. I paid $1675.00 (79%), and he paid $450.00 (21%) of the total rent. He lived in my apt for 10 days and moved on the 11th. He was a nuissance as he slept all day and tackled chores, i.e. laundry in the early hours 12:40 AM. So, due to our different...

View more questions Search