Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miszulaki Posts: 44, Reputation: 3

Nov 8, 2007, 07:07 AM
    After my break up my ex-boyfriend sister is giving me hope! What should I do?
    Good day Everyone!

It would really be appreciate to get some response on this matter :)

So here is the story!

My boyfriend broke up with me last week but after all it was a mutual decision! We had different things going on in our lifes and at the end weren't happy together... As for me... The first 2-3 days I was a bit sad which is normal but I was released with the breakup! It wasn't healthy anymore between us... After a week I'm doing fine... Of course I have my moments of thinking of him but honestly... I'm not heart broken! Because it was already broken before...

Now... I have contact with his sister because she is one of the nicest people I ever met... Caring, listening etc. On Tuesday we went for coffee to have a conversation about life in general because I've been through a lot in my past and it's still haunting me! The conversation end up talking about my ex... her brother.

Meanwhile before we met she was writing to me on Facebook and telling me that she has hope for us to get back together... She says:" i dont want to give you hope but i know you'll be back! There was just too much love... It was just bad timing!"

At the coffee meeting I started talking about the bads that happened, the religions, the family, my past etc. And she could find solutions for us at all times! She was telling me how he is dealing with it etc. She also told me that he wrote on his Facebook a/c : "We are no longer together but hopefully in the futur we'll be back together." She told me what he used to say to his family: I love this girl... I don't know what she is doing to me but I cannot have her out of my life!

I mean... I know I don't want to be with him... I don't know if I love him anymore! Why would I feel so released after the brake up? But with all these info she is giving, is it giving me hope? Is this why I'm not rushing and driving myself crazy not being with him?

Deep down, I know there's the little me saying I wish we would still be together... But I know in the long run well I think we wouldn't be happy!

She told me, You know more you're talking more I'm realizing how similar you guys are and that your needs are the same! It's just you have strong caracteres and are not willing to admit it!

It feels good to know that he is hoping for us to get back together... But at the same time, I don't want to have false hope and get hurt! And I knnow that at this point of my life I don't want to be with him! This whole situation is confusing me! What should I think?

What I am doing right now is I'm living me life day by day and not expecting anything! I told her day by day... Should I tell her to stop talking about it? Should I stop talking to her?

Even yesterday on the phone she said, do not worry, I have a good feeling! And if he does come back... I don't think it will be now and I don't think it will be in the next couple of months he has too much going on right now with his career! I just want to have a piece of mind and be able to live it and enjoy! Maybe even start dating in the near futur!

I also forgot to mention, on msn I have blocked him but he hasn't, and he still have our picture on his profile! Which I'm surprised!

Life gives you lessons to learn and every day you grow but I feel with all these info I'm not able to move on... Well I think I'm moving on but this is in the back on my mind right... Since I'm writing about it?

Please let me know what you think!

Thank you for reading and your answers!
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Your dealing with too much information. You need a break to sort out your head. She sounds nice but she may just be prolonging the inevitable break and getting on with your own life. Too many memories.
    Applejacks83irv Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Nov 8, 2007, 08:18 AM
    How long yah were together?

Nov 8, 2007, 08:26 AM
    A year and a month

Nov 8, 2007, 08:27 AM
    And it's the second break up

Nov 8, 2007, 10:22 AM
    I just got a slap in the face!! He changed his picture on msn! I guess I was really hoping to get news! So now I know how I felt about it! Im going through the feeling of the break up right at this point. Aaaaaooouucchhhhhhh! It's painful!

Nov 8, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Awww! Girl! A year and a half that an't sh#T I'm here thinking yah went out for 5 to 7 years, then you have something to talk about? Ah don't worry about it, take some time for yourself... but if you really really love him... ok I take that back, if you care about him then tell him how you feel, tell him what you want, not a lot of girls don't do that? And if it doesn't work out then it wasn't mean't to be

Nov 9, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejacks83irv
    Awww! girl! a year and a half that an't sh#T i'm here thinking yah went out for 5 to 7 years, then you have something to talk about? ah don't worry about it, take some time for yourself ....but if you really really love him ....ok i take that back, if you care about him then tell him how you feel, tell him what you want, not alot of girls don't do that? and if it dosn't work out then it wasn't mean't to be
    It's not how long with the person that matters! It's how much effort and love you had put in!
    I gave myself complicately to this guy! I loved him with everything I got! People around us couldn't understand where this type of love is coming from! We really loved echother! But like it says on other profil, love can't always fix everything! I once broke up with him a little earlier because of his family issues! Then every got fix bit by bit however my patient was at level zero so no matter what happened with this matter, I would tell him right away that it hurted or bothered me... Which I think is perfectly normal! Since you are suppose to say your dislike and like!

Regardless... Yesterday was suppose to be a year and one month! Ridiculous as it sound we use to celebrate each month! It affected me a little because I saw the date but I spoke to his sister and she told me he was very weird and emotional! And she was wondering why... that maybe the break up is kicking in! But I told her why and she said that makes sense! Deep down I wish he would call back in the futur but I know he won't because he blamed me for the breakup, and I already runned after him when I first broke up! If I do it a second time, I will lose myself in the relationship and won't have nothing to say because after all everything is always my fault with this guy!

I also told his sister to stop giving me hope because in some ways I'm still holding on and I want to feel the pain so I can move on with my life!

I wish for all the broking up people that it wasn't as painful! But it is but we've got to look at it as a learning experience! And see what we have done wrong in order not to make the same mistakes again!

Nov 10, 2007, 09:50 PM
    OK? If you put in all this work of love then why give up? But what's his side of the story? If I would ask him what do you think he would say?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I break up with my boyfriend? [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend's family doesn't like me,and my mom hates him, he's mean to me,what should I do?

My sister-in-law and her live in boyfriend of 5 years have never had sex! [ 4 Answers ]

My sister-in-law recently came to me for advice. I really didn't know what to tell her. She told me that she has never had sex with her boyfriend of 5 years. They have lived together and slept in the same bed for the last 4 years. She said that she had tried to encourage sex, but he always says...

Dilemma. Boyfriend or sister? [ 11 Answers ]

Hey guys, Please help me by telling me your opinions. I really really like this guy, we get on so well and I feel so comfortable around him and can truly be myself. However there is one MASSIVE problem, my sister knows him and absolutely HATES him with a major major passion! Whenevr I get a text...

My EX boyfriend is giving me mixed signals! [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 'H', 21yrs old and in need of some of advice! When I was 16yrs I became friends with a guy (who I will name 'T') he is in the army. I had known his two brothers for years, and finally met 'T' when he came back to my home town to visit his family & friends. 'T' and I hit it off instantly...

View more questions Search