Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    niteowlgirl72 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Okay sorry about that. It is pluggd into the 220.. I am girl who doesn't know much.. oops!
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2007, 11:47 AM
    I'm a little confused, Is your range Gas? Is that model number you give the right one?

Nov 9, 2007, 01:18 PM
    I am confused myself.. yes it is a gas range and yes it is the correct model #. I thought it would be plugged into 220 to ground it. Is that wrong? Like I said I just don't know a whole lot.. sorry for the confusion.
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by niteowlgirl72
    I am confused myself.. yes it is a gas range and yes it is the correct model #. I thought it would be plugged into 220 to ground it. Is that wrong? Like I said I just don't know a whole lot.. sorry for the confusion.

Let me ask you this, where the stove plugs in to the wall, is that outlet like the ones that you plug your lamp or microwave into? You said you had a ohm/ volt meter, do you have any idea how to use it? One other post mentioned that electricity can kill you, you do know this? Be careful and let me know.

Nov 9, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Yes, it is a regular outlet. Yes, I do have an ohm meter but I have no idea how to use it. I am going to get my husband to do it. Yes, I do know that electricity can kill so I know that much at least. :) I do try to fix things myself because my husband doesn't have time. I have successfully done several things around the house but when it comes to appliances I don't mess with them. I just like to know what has to be done so I can watch and understand.
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2007, 05:23 PM
    [QUOTE=niteowlgirl72]Yes, it is a regular outlet. Yes, I do have an ohm meter but I have no idea how to use it. I am going to get my husband to do it. Yes, I do know that electricity can kill so I know that much at least. :)

Ok then, did you try using that outlet to power up your hair dryer or a lamp like I ask? With the oven still unplugged, did the dryer or lamp work or did it knock the breaker? Let me know

Nov 9, 2007, 06:05 PM
    Oh, I guess I missed that part. I will try it. Yep other stuff works in that outlet.
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2007, 06:13 PM
    OK, with the stove unplugged, look real close at the power cord, as your looking slide your hand along it, feeling for any kicks or ruff spots, or does it feel really soft in one spot. Let me know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaker keeps tripping [ 24 Answers ]

I need to figure this out. I have two 15 amp space heaters in my garage and when I turn them both on it throws the breaker. The breaker at box for this is rated at 20amps. I have been told that I can run both on high and won't throw the breaker. I also replaced the old breaker with a new one (same...

Breaker for AC Tripping [ 3 Answers ]

I have a split system & Air Handler. Any idea why the breaker keeps tripping?

Changing from a gas range to an electric smooth top range [ 1 Answers ]

What are the requirement for switching from cooking with a gas stove to cooking with and electric stove

Why does my ac breaker keep tripping its only 3years old [ 2 Answers ]

Yes we just brought this house in 2007 was built in 2003 went to use the ac for the first time we have a weather king heat pump ac unit and noticed the breaker would trip when the thermoset was turned downed I even changed the breaker and is not that cause the breaker works with the dryer it's a...

View more questions Search