Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cambretan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 11:40 PM
    My min pin has quit eating but still drinks.She has congenital heart disease
    I am very concerned about my 12 year old min pin .She has congenital heart disease and as of 2 days ago quit eating, but is still drinking water,and chasing my other dog off her food dish.I can not afford to take her to the vets for a bunch of tests again.
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Nov 8, 2007, 12:21 AM
    I had a min pin with liver damage and she didn't eat... we had to feed her our food just so she would eat something. Our dog eventually died from it 1 day after the vet said shhe would be OK
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2007, 04:20 AM
    When my 12 year old Lab ignored her breakfast one morning, I took her to the vet that day. It only took the vet a few minutes to find the problem and send me home with the medicine that had her eating the next day. Two years later she is doing fine, walking a couple of miles for a swim some days.

Your dog's problem could be something simple to find and treat. If instead, you work at tempting it with rich food, it could die suddenly. 12 shouldn't be that old for a Min Pin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Heart disease [ 2 Answers ]

My mother died of congestive heart failure. There were many days when she did not urinate, she had a catherer. Her body held so much fluid in it. Is there such a thing as drowning in your own fluids?

Thinking about adopting an obese Min Pin? [ 4 Answers ]

I went to the shelter yesterday and came across a 5 year old Miniature Pinscher who is extremely obese. She is being given a diet of a mix of canned and dried food twice a day. Now, I really love her, and the chubbiness makes her cute, but I started wondering about possible complications. Should...

Min Pin and her bad pooping habits [ 1 Answers ]

I'm stumped! I have an almost 5 month old Miniature Pinscher female named Layla. She goes to the bathroom outside no problem but sometimes it's a project to get her to poop. I always know she has to go when she continues to eat the grass and bugs and run around hysterically like she's on speed...

Sick Min Pin [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old min pin who was fine yesterday but when she got up this morning she did not even want to go outside to use the bathroom and still has not. She just lays around and is very lethargic. What could be wrong. Do pets just have bad days like we do? Thanks for your help. Kathy

My min pin [ 1 Answers ]

My min pin was spayed, she is a year old now, she has lately been acting like she wants to mate with my wife's feet,specifically the toe.there is no blood involved and I asked the vet and she said that this is strange behavior.is it

View more questions Search