Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tagnet02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Trouble with Multimedia Audio Controller
    Hello everyone, I just reinstalled my computer (Gateway Notebook with windows XP) after it crashed and I'm having trouble installing my multimedia audio contoller driver, I have tried everything but it still does not work. Can anyone please help me, thanks. :(
    christj1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2007, 09:23 PM
    Windows XP should have recognized your audio controller during the installation of XP. However, you can go to Gateway's website and download support drivers for your audio. If doesn't work (and it should) you can go to a website called driveragent.com. For a small fee you get a 1 year subscription that will scan your system and tell you about every driver you have and if a better one is available and point you to the link where you can download all the necessary drivers free of charge. Hope this helps.
    Morton35 Posts: 26, Reputation: 4

Nov 8, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tagnet02
    Hello everyone, I just reinstalled my computer (Gateway Notebook with windows XP) after it crashed and I'm having trouble installing my multimedia audio contoller driver, I have tried everything but it still does not work. Can anyone please help me, thanks. :(
    It should have come with a CD that contains the drivers for your sound card. If not, try going to Gateway's website and search for your model number laptop and it should be offered on their website. Does Windows recognize the device? If so just find a way to download the drivers. If not, your sound card may be defective and you may need a new sound card.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multimedia Audio Controller /REALTEK AC'97 Audio [ 10 Answers ]

Hi - it appears that the multimedia audio controller problem that I had has now morphed into a REALTEK AC'97 Audio problem. I loaded a driver for the mother board to fix the MAC problem after helpful folks assisted me in getting the specs on the motherboard (ECS PS45A/DX+1.0 if it makes a...

Multimedia Audio Controller [ 9 Answers ]

I had to reinstall Win XP home on my computer. I have an eMachines T3120, Win XP, 1.8 GHZ100MB Hard-Drive, DVD/CDRW, 512MB Ram, NVIDIA Geforce. This Multimedia Audio Controller come up when I reboot. I assume it is new hardware but I don't have a CD or drivers for it. Please help?

Multimedia audio controller [ 4 Answers ]

I have been searching all around for a website to download Ge-force motherboard multimedia audio controller, I did use Nvidia website but to no avail.

Multimedia audio controller [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a new member, would like to ask a few question. I accidentally deleted the driver. I am using windows xp pro for Compaq, AMD Sempron. Can you help ?

View more questions Search