Ask
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2008, 08:54 AM

How are you doing, Ken?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2008, 09:04 AM

I am just this side of inebriation this AM,I have had little sleep,I think it's the meds more than the spiking pains.

My equilibrium is off and I forgot to put coffee grounds in the maker,I ended up with slightly colored water at a high temp:p

The pain is OK,especially in the AM,as I have been off the leg almost all night,but as the day progresses, the pain increases,not intolerable,just evident enough to let me know it's there.

Thanks for asking... asking... :p(been wondering when that pun could be of use... lol):D

And I am Peeing like a race horse lately as well,normally I am dry mouthed from the anti-depressants,but I seem to be drying out with these pain pills too.I drink water after my 2 cups of coffee(as they tend to dry me out even more)maybe the water is just flowing right through me?
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 12:09 AM

I would give advice, but I can't remember much of how I felt or what I did after my spinal fusion. I read somewhere that general anesthesia can damage memory. Something damaged mine for that period.

Glad the pain is not too bad. My 80 year old friend who had double knee replacement said she had virtually no pain. She was traveling to Europe a couple of months later.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by asking View Post
    I would give advice, but I can't remember much of how I felt or what I did after my spinal fusion. I read somewhere that general anesthesia can damage memory. Something damaged mine for that period.

Glad the pain is not too bad. My 80 year old friend who had double knee replacement said she had virtually no pain. She was traveling to Europe a couple of months later.

When my husband had surgery they gave him a drug as part of the anesthesia (and I'd have to look at his medical records to find out what it was) that they said would pretty much wipe out his memory of the surgery, that night and the following day, and it did. He was in a lot of pain with minimal medication and I was concerned he would remember the pain.
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 10:09 AM

Judy,
    I've always wondered if even if you don't explicitly remember the pain, you still remember it in other ways. For example, there are people who are blind. They tell you they cannot see a thing, but if you ask them to walk down a hallway full of obstacles, they can do it. So their eyes are working, but they are not conscious of seeing.

Some memories are like that. Physical memory in the body, like knowing how to walk or ride a bicycle is mostly not a conscious memory. A child couldn't tell you how to do it. I think memories of trauma and pain could be like that. Maybe people who have had major surgery are different psychologically from those who have not.
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2009, 01:57 PM

New year,new MEDS! Yaaaaa, NOT.

New year has begun with the Geodon,NO Celexa,new Klonopin(sp)and some new one for anxiety as well.Slightly over medicated,but seemingly coherent,for now.

I was taking all meds as prescribed and ,well, something went awry,I couldn't sleep much less concentrate.

Now I al at a lower end of excitability an doing better since the new changes(and ANOTHER trip inpatient) :(

Oh well, I'll keep on , keeping on.
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 04:49 AM

More changes!
    Imagine my surprise!

Sleep is just about the only outlet I am comforted with.

I have lost all interest in the things I normally do so I sleep instead.

Doc hasn't returned my calls for changes or any other advice.There are no other 'local' P,Docs around,so I am at the mercy of the one I have, OK,country living isn't all that!
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 07:30 AM

Hi Ken,
    Sorry to hear things are not going well. :(
    It sounds like you are getting too much of something. Also, some of these medications could be interacting. Can't you make an appointment with this doctor who won't return your calls? Take a list when you go...

How is your knee now?
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 08:17 AM

Hi,asking,No the appointments are at their scedual and the knee is doing well enough,, I can walk.. hehe, really though,I have been able to pop the knee 2 times since surgery and each time I feel better than the last,I think all the pain is done(Fingers/eyes/toes.. etc crossed) :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 08:51 AM

I'm glad your knee is better. That's great!

I don't understand a doctor refusing to see a patient though. If they are adamant, you might need to travel to see someone else. It sounds like you are over medicated and, also, too medicated to drive? Can your daughter help?
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 12:21 PM
    I'm glad your knee is better. That's great!

I don't understand a doctor refusing to see a patient though. If they are adamant, you might need to travel to see someone else. It sounds like you are over medicated and, also, too medicated to drive? Can your daughter help?
    I have been discussing the idea about seeing a different doc.My coverage will accept most any doc and distance isn't posing much of a problem anymore(I stopped contracting last fall)maybe your right,look for a new one is most likely the right choice!
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I have been discussing the idea about seeing a different doc.My coverage will accept most any doc and distance isn't posing much of a problem anymore(I stopped contracting last fall)maybe your right,look for a new one is most likely the right choice!

Yeah, if you are this sleepy, you need to talk to someone about drug interactions and such. I'm also wondering if not working is making things harder. I've been out of work for a while, I and I know that affects my mood at times.

I'm rooting for you, Ken!
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 02:59 PM
    Yeah, if you are this sleepy, you need to talk to someone about drug interactions and such. I'm also wondering if not working is making things harder. I've been out of work for a while, I and I know that affects my mood at times.

I'm rooting for you, Ken!
    Well,low and behold,they actually agreed with me on the meds,I got a change order today(about 30 min. ago(4:40 local)and now I can get the treatment going in a positive note again(All it took was a little 'manipulation' on my part,, and acceptance on theirs... hehe:p )

Thanks for the cheering section!!
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 04:55 PM
    I am alone tonight and very depressed.I am taking many of my prescriptions and hoping this will be the end of things for me.I hope all have a decent life(except a few)and further yourselves in the fine pursuits you are following.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 05:12 PM

Hey, Ken. I just got back from a trip. Please don't take these pills if you have not already. You have been such a help to me at times as well as many others here. Are there not parts of your life that are good? This mood you are in is probably temporary, although it sounds like a very dark and scary one.

Please reconsider. I'm very concerned.
    asking
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2009, 05:26 PM

One of the wonders of life, is no matter how bad you think your life is, you can always find someone worst.

I visited a Cancer center for those that can not be cured and almost to the level of hospice care today.

I know ai take 12 medications every day, and it is hard to do them all the time.

But the wonders of life is that no matter how bad it is now, one can always do better in the future
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 05:30 PM

I have at times in my life just wanted it to be over. I do know what that feels like. I am glad that I am here, for myself and for my kids. There are enough good days to make it okay and sometimes wonderful.

I am glad that you are here too. You are a very cool person, Ken.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 18, 2009, 05:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I am alone tonight and very depressed.I am taking many of my prescriptions and hoping this will be the end of things for me.I hope all have a decent life(except a few)and further yourselves in the fine pursuits you are following.
    Ken, sorry I have not been around, but have been working a LOT.

I'm hoping you have not taken too many and will be able to respond to this soon.

Okay, don't be stupid Ken, you know this is not the way to handle things. You know that this is just a bump in the road of new meds. You of all people KNOW this.

Ken, you know I am almost always here to talk if you need me. If you can't find me, you know you can PM me.

Why are you depressed? What has happened? Why are you alone?

Ken, love, you can't just leave a post like this and disappear, you need to talk to us so we can help you through this. Had you stayed on the computer long enough, you would not have been alone. You would have been with us.

Take care Ken, I care for you and you know that.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2009, 01:21 AM

Dear Ken,

I've tried calling and emailing you. Please do respond. We're all worried about you!

I know that you were active on that other site a few nights ago, and from what I've read there, you didn't seem to indicate that you were having some kind of problem.

I've met with you personally and would love to do so again! We don't live very far from each other.

Please, do respond to us here...

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 01:06 PM

Well, I took nearly all the pills I had left.(many thousand milligrams)

I have spent 4 days in ICU on respirator.

Spent the rest of these days in inpatient care facility.

I was depressed,I was suicidal,I did what I felt necessary at the time.

I am still teary-eyed and just hanging in there today,another bad night.Maybe I got out too soon.IDK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pilot not staying on [ 1 Answers ]

OK. Every time I light the pilot it will saty on for a few minutes and goes off. I talked to a friend and he said it could be the thermocooper or something like that but wasn't sure also. Just wandering if you guys might have an idea or agree with him.

Co-worker saying I take drugs, when it was prescribed medication [ 1 Answers ]

I had a co-worker get angry at me recently for going to another co-worker for a second opinion on what we call CAREER LADDER. I am a teacher and she is new this year to the district and school, whereas, I have been at the school for over a year and in the district for almost 2 years. She was...

Should I tell him that I am very ill [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend of two years broke up with me 9 days ago. He says he loves me and is in love with me but he is in a place in his life that he likes. He talked about marriage but did not want to get married. He said he wanted to live together first. We made plans to do this. Decided where to live and...

Furnace not staying on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old Amana (GUD070X30B) , White-Rodgers 50A50-288 Control. The thermostat calls for heat, the gas turns on and runs for approx 15 minutes then the gas shuts off but the thermostat is still calling for heat. The inducer motor is still running and the diagnostic light is 3 Blinks...

Weighing staying [ 8 Answers ]

I know my husband is abusive. I have four daughters, 2-11-15-17. He is 70% good and when he is bad, I hate him. But I weigh the stay or go. It would create more of a problem and upset the whole applecart to leave then to let the problem subside. I have spoken with my girls about situation at...

View more questions Search