Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hary536 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Any idea about ITU(International Technological Uni.)
    Hi,
    Any of you have idea about the above uni. That is ITU. Its located
    In sunnyvale, CA. I have been personally there, its in a very small single complex building
    But offers bachelors and masters degree. Its not accredited as of now(was accredited earlier), but does offer genuine oncampus classes. It does not offer online classes. However, I am worried about it being a degree mill. I am thinking of joining it next year,
    For MS in CS, but wondering whether I should join it or not? My plan is to do a couple of
    Semesters next year in ITU and then transfer to some other bigger university for part-time MS. Wondering if its an OK idea or not? And also need if someone has any experience
    About ITU.
    Thanks in advance.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Nov 7, 2007, 09:09 PM
    It appears they were denied accreditation in 2005. I haven't been able to find any information subsequent to that action regarding status of their accreditation. There's a statement on their website: "ITU is establishing the ability to license out our US accredited status." Since they do NOT appear to be accredited, this is misleading to say the least. If it were me I'd be curious to know why they were denied accreditation in 2005 and why they are claiming to be accredited in the US when they aren't.

Assuming they are on the up-and-up and you choose to go there, it's likely you'll have an uphill battle getting any accredited school accepting your coursework toward an MS. It's a strange school that seems to be a family project, and there are sufficient red flags that I'd consider other options if I were you.

Vasily
    KumarInUSA2007 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2008, 12:34 AM

I can not agree Vasily more about what ITU is. In his comment, Vasily said "There's a statement on their website: "ITU is establishing the ability to license out our US accredited status." ". Here is a example how ITU "license out or US accredited status." as follows.

"danny ng
    08-30-2005, 07:48 PM
    EDBA program offered by International Technological University (www.itu.edu) is not accredited by ACICS. The ITU EDBA program offered in Malaysia and Vietnam are BOGUS.

http://www.minerva-education.org/10...asp?page=proitu

ITU LINK WITH DIPLOMA MILLS

Confirmation from ACICS:

The EDBA program offered by International Technological University is not, and has not been approved by ACICS. Thank you again for your patience and good luck with your studies.

Tim Sloup
    Communications Coordinator
    Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools
    750 First Street, NE, Suite 980
    Washington DC 20002-4241
    (202) 336-6785
    (202) 842-2593
    [email protected]"

ITU has many ITU oversea extensions which sale non-accredite bogus degrees for ITU. What kind of school do you think ITU is? Please double check if a school is accredited or not before you join it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

Uni boyfriend [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everyone,I could really do with some help here! My boyfriend of nearly 3 months has just gone off to uni. He definitely wanted to stay together, I mean was really keen, keener than me because I was worried it wudnt work but he's a very relationshippy person. So he left on sat morning, I saw him...

Uni Problems [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all This is the first time I have used this so I guess I will see how it works.. I have just started my first year of uni and it is really not what I expected. I hate going to all of my classes, I have only met a few people and the uni is an hour and a half away from where I live so it is a...

Technological Impacts on Business & Society [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, :) I would like to get some help on a business paper due on the Technological Impacts on Business & Society. I would really appreciate if could get some written info for reference, or some websites or some ready material. Thanking You, Viraj75

View more questions Search