Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Britt9985 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 05:43 PM
    How do I find the default risk premium given corporate and municipal bonds?
    How do I find the default risk premium given corporate and municipal bonds? Meaning what is the equation I should use?
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2012, 01:53 PM
    The formula for risk premium, sometimes referred to as default risk premium, is the return on an investment minus the return that would be earned on a risk free investment. The risk premium is the amount that an investor would like to earn for the risk involved with a particular investment. - Source
    I found a great PDF of Finance Homework, which includes detailed formulas and instructions to calculate Default Risk Premiums.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Default Risk Premium [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me how to calculate the DRP on the Corporate bonds? Info that I have follows: 5 Year Treasury note 5% interest rate 5 year Corporate bond (high quality) 6% interest rate 5 Year Corporate Bond (low quality) 8% interest rate Thanks for the help! Kathy

Default risk premium [ 5 Answers ]

What is the equation for calculating the default risk premium?

Topic: maturity risk premium [ 1 Answers ]

Assume that the real risk free rate, r*, is 3 percent an that inflation is expected to be 8 percent in year 1,5 percent in year 2, and 4 percent thereafter. Assume also that all treasury securities are highly liquid and free of default risk. If a 2 year and 5 year treasury notes both yield 10...

View more questions Search