Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carole 1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Setting up Salary Employees
    How do I set up the pay for a salary employee?
    Do I determine the pay based on weekly, monthly, or yearly totals.
    For example: The employer wants an employee to receive $1200.00 per week gross pay.
    Do I times that by 52 weeks (which would be $62400.00). Or do I times that by 4
    (4800.00) and then by 12 months ( which would be $57600.00)
    Also, if I calculated by the 52 week method, would that cover all weeks in the year, considering that some months have more or less weeks.
    Thank You... Carole)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 05:38 PM
    I would use the 52 weeks in the year. Would not use "4" - if you use a number for the number of weeks in a month, you would need 4.3, as there are not just four straight weeks in a month. That is what I was taught when I was a health admin and doing payroll.
    CindyLynn Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Nov 12, 2007, 01:06 AM
    it would for sure be x 52 other wise you would miss the months that have 5 weeks. If you want hourly you would divide by 2080 or monthy by 12 or biweekly by 26... have fun!
    hontoni Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2010, 10:58 AM

Since your employer has asked you to pay them #1,200.00 a week, gross pay, this seems to be the number to base everything on.

In my opinion, I would multiply the $1,200.00 by 52 weeks and then divide this by the number of pay periods. If you pay twice a month, divide by 24, monthly would be 12 and so on. If you pay weekly, just work with $1,200.00

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home country salary from US salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a L1 visa holder from india and was working in Massachusetts from aug 2005 to dec 2005 as a contractor from my original company in india. I used to receive the US salary from aug 2005 to dec 2005 for which I have the W2. During the same period I also used to receive my indian...

Salary vs Hourly, punching a clock on salary. [ 2 Answers ]

My company put me on salary a few years back. I still have to work overtime and I still have to punch a time card, I just dont get paid for any overtime hours. Also I have not gotten the standard raise that I used to get anymore. I was wondering is this fair practice?

Cutting salary employees pay [ 6 Answers ]

Can an employeer cut a salary employees pay and move them to an hourly position because of being absent with out any kind of warning first?

View more questions Search