Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilmama1031 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 04:36 PM
    Hospital bills being garnished from checking accounts
    If you have unpaid hospital bills, and you open a checking account, can they take the money out of your account.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Hello lil:

If you've been sued over these bills and lost, then yes they can.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation and Checking Accounts [ 1 Answers ]

If you are on probation, should all of your money which comes from your spouse's employment be placed in your spouse's accounts? That way the PO cannot look at your expenses? Thanks

The New York Courts Garnished my bank accounts [ 3 Answers ]

I acquired a debt of 3,000 dollars. I attempted to pay my creditors off but couldn't because of the interest rates the overdraft fees etc. Finally my case was handed down to a lawyer. I failed to contact the lawyer because I didn't have the money they were asking from me, even if they lowered...

Garnished checking account [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, What recourses or defenses do I haveagoinst a collection agency that received a judegment enabling them to garnish my account for over 2 thousan$ double the amount they say is owed to them, plus I have to pay $125.00 check garnishment fee. I HAVE 0 BALANCE IN MY ACCOUNT at this moment Thanks...

Hospital bills [ 5 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedundefined My hubby suffered a heart attack in August, 04. We had health insurance but our hospital co-pay is 4 grand. We never received a bill from the hospital. In the winter we lost our heat for 4 days and became sick & a very mean, ignorant young lady from a collection...

View more questions Search