Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrs robinson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 03:13 PM
    After 25 years of marriage, now what?
    Hi: I'm looking into getting a divorce. After 25 years of marriage, we have lost the property and other assets we had due to business investment. The only thing left now (in form of assets) is a humanitarium grant that was awarded to my spouse for millions of dollars that has not been funded yet. I want to know should I wait until it's funded to get my half, or should I proceed with the divorce now. I'm afraid that once it's funded all the assets will be hidden and it might take years for me to find them. Please advise.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 7, 2007, 03:39 PM
    I am not sure a grant ( depends on purpose and how it was set up) would be martial property. So your attorney will need to review all of the paper work. Most likely the grant will have to remain in the group or organization it was intended to be used for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been fri [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been friends since I was 17 and about 3 years ago that grew into something more. He is everything to me my best friend my lover and my partner. There is no one I would like to spend my time with except for him. He is 56...

Divorce after 2 years of marriage [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, I have been married for almost two years now. My husbands school girlfriend (call her LS) got pregnant with his baby about 3 months before we met. After we met, we just knew that we had a very strong attraction to each other. He however stayed with his girlfriend because of the child....

Ontario / Seven years done... Now seven more years? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada and have waited seven years for a TD Bank entry to come off the "Credit Information" section on my Equifax report, It's come off but now there's a completely new entry in the "Collection Accounts" section for the same arrears handed over to a collection agency. I thought...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Divorce 2 years after marriage - French citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

My French husband and I (I am American) are considering getting a divorce. February 2006 will make 2 years since we got married, we have been living and working in Florida. I never applied for European working papers but am considering moving to Europe at this point. Does anyone know how long...

View more questions Search