Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dkeath Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Classy Look
    I would be grateful to anyone who can help. My fiancé has what you might refer to as a street look. Nevertheless, she is the most feminine woman I have ever met. Soon, we will be attending my work Christmas party. I want to show her that she can have more than one look to choose from. Hence, I want to help her look classy for the dinner. The hair and body we can take care of. It is the choice of clothing that will be difficult. Because of her shape, she will need a dress that downplays her hips and accentuates her shoulders and bust. I do not know what proportions look attractive. I have no clue what to look for, or what is in fasion. We are on a limited budget, so we may need to compromise on the currently in fasion part, and find something she feels comfortable wearing as well. There is also a choice of footwear to consider. Again, I have no clue. So, anyone who could help me in this, I would be very thankful.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 03:41 PM
    I buy most all my clothes from second hand stores cause I don't have much money either.
    I wear casual to street wear styles yet have a semi-classy style and it is somewhat hard finding some more dressy type things that fit my picky style -like finding a needle in a haystack. Lots of women's (so called dressy) clothing looks ugly to me. These are some ideas that hopefully help

You could try a midi length black skirt

And body suit type top
    Example
    http://www.onstagedancewear.com/Imag...ress/VL320.jpg

Then top it off with a blazer (white or deep purple are good for accent)
    Satin Trimmed Velvet Blazer at MetroStyle

Also for footwear I love ballet shoes cause they are comfortable
    http://www.onstagedancewear.com/PD-4032.aspx

If she perfers regular shoes something like this

Liliana by Adi Cathy Chunky Heel Pumps : Shoes from Overstock.com

I like chunky heels and straps that go around the ankles.
    sarasmiles Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 12:23 AM
    For me nothing is classier than some black pants, a feminine white blouse with jewelry and black flats.
    If you want to splurge a little, I like banana republic
    However, you can go cheap on some things, also h&m is great
    EdalyB94 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Comment on N0help4u's post
    It gives all te websites

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too classy? Please help! [ 4 Answers ]

So I am in my last year of high school, and I have not had a serious boyfriend. A few hookups, but nothing serious. And no guys have ever asked me out. And every guy that I like and likes me, turns out to be totally full of himself. I must admit, I am a very classy girl, but that makes me think,...

View more questions Search