Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stac33 Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Nov 7, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Mom is pissed about my pregnancy
    My husband and I recently found out we are expecting our 3rd child. We have been trying for many years. The way we told our families is by using scrabble pieces and they had to spell out the words "we are having a baby". All my mom said was "oh. I guess you'd better fix you basement then." That's all I got. She has acted mad about it since then. She won't talk about it and when other people ask me things she has this scowl on her face. I'm 34 for God's sake. It's horrible that we are getting amazing support from everyone except my own mother. I'm not sure what to do. I want to lash out and give her a piece of my mind. And just be plain mean like she's being to me.:mad:
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Nov 7, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Have you come right out and asked her why she is acting this way? I don't know what kind of relationship you have with your mom but something is obviously bothering her about the whole thing. I would just ask her.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Nov 7, 2007, 01:32 PM
    I would have a sit down with her and explain what you're feeling. Maybe she doesn't realize how she's coming across? Maybe she has some serious concerns.

Anyway, congrats!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Let her know that you feel she is not happy about you having another child and that you do not feel that she has your support. If she can not support you or be loving about your new arrival then it is best just to stay away from her? Right? Make sure you get this out in the open but use an approach that is respectful and calm no matter how she reacts and see where it goes.

Joe
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 01:36 PM
    By the way congratulations and sending lots of love to you and your whole family.
    Stac33 Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Nov 7, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kanicky73
    have you come right out and asked her why she is acting this way? i dont know what kind of relationship you have with your mom but something is obviously bothering her about the whole thing. I would just ask her.

Well I haven't said anything. I have the kind of relationship where I never say anything to her about my feelings. I just don't get it. Sure I'm happy, but I am scared to death. What place is it of hers to act like that.
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 01:45 PM
    It is time to share your feelings. That is the biggest problem here. Feelings are not being expressed but hiding and this will bound to blow up in your face if you do not deal with it.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Nov 7, 2007, 01:54 PM
    I can understand where you're coming from. My mother and I have a tough relationship because I feel like I can't be open and share with her... probably because she can be quite selfish and likes to force her own feelings on others instead. ;)

However, you can rise above this and do the talking. I'm sure you wouldn't want your own children to feel like they can't share their emotions with you, so try and be an example to them. Your mom may have good reason for the way she's feeling... she may not. Either way, its going to eat you up if you don't find out.

Good luck
    jennysolano18 Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Sep 24, 2008, 03:52 PM

I agree with all the post in this question. You ask your mom to see what is going on. Maybe your mom is being bothered by something or maybe she is just being mean. You'll never know if you don't ask her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tell my mom [ 18 Answers ]

OK my mom doesn't know I have sex... and she will die if I tell her I'm pregnant and I can't tell her but I can't go to the docs anyway cause she is always always in the room with me.. and my doctor will tell her.. and when she gets the bill won't it say pregnancy test I really really need help!!...

My mom and Step mom in hate! [ 6 Answers ]

My mom and step mom are not getting along. It all started with a stupid gift card! Out of all things. My card only had $3.45 on it and my brother only had $.19 on his. The cards were soposed to have $20.00 on it. My mom and step mom live one house away from each other and then they just get into...

My mom [ 2 Answers ]

Well I love my mom with all my heart I never really fight with her and she helps me out a lot.well I have been giving her a heard time and stuff because of school and boys and stuff like that. Well today I found out that there is something wrong with my moms heart. She says that everything is going...

Tired and pissed [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 1983 dodge d150 I have a wire that keeps melting that is hook to the fusible link I have had the altenator check and it checks good I have replaced the voltage regulator 3 times I have a new battery the wire continues to melt the coating of then the wire breaks and when it does the truck...

View more questions Search