Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smcclenton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 11:48 AM
    2 auto loans in Minnesota
    Ok, I live in the State of Minnesota, I have run into a problem, I am purchasing a from a small Dealership. I had my car for 4 months my Husband decided to purchase a vehicle as well, the car dealership combined our payments and is forcing me to pay one payment. My husband and I are separating and the dealer wants me to still pay for his car. I just want to pay for my own. Can you have 2 loans out in the State of Minnesota? And is this legal? If I don't pay for his they will repo both cars
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 7, 2007, 11:54 AM
    I moved this to the Credit forum because this is about loans, not cars. The only way the dealership could legally combine the two loans is if you signed a refinance when your husband bought the car. They just can't rewrite the terms of a loan without permission.

If you didn't sign anything combining the loans, then they are trying to pull a fast one. Demand to see any paperwork combining the loans. In the meantime report their actions to the BBB and pay only for the loan you signed for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emancipation In Minnesota [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 17 and have been trying to get an apartment but every manager requires me to be emancipated. My Guardian called the courthouse to get information on it and they said that they dont do emancipation in the state of Minnesota. Is this true? Is there any way I can get emancipated? help Thanks

Confused in Minnesota [ 7 Answers ]

I really don't know if this is the area for me to be posting this question, but I am married to a guy who has a kid from a pervious marriage, and I love the child very much, so obviusly not my issue. My issue is the fact that when my husband was married to his ex; they had some issues and briefly...

Minnesota Twins [ 2 Answers ]

Why do the Twins have the letter 'C' on their baseball caps?

View more questions Search