Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pablo888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Puppy Not Eating!
    My 6 week old boston terrier puppy isn't eating. We've been feeding him soft food, with a little kibble which has been working fine for about a week, and just today he started not eating and is acting a little strange. I don't know what it could be and I'm really worried about him! Please help!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 10:01 PM
    It isn't a concern if a puppy doesn't eat the first few days in a new home. I am afraid this now sounds like a bigger problem. Call the vet in the morning. Tempting a dog that isn't eating with rich food is nearly always the wrong thing to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New puppy not eating [ 11 Answers ]

My husband and I just adopted 2 puppies from an Animal rescue, one puppy is very active and playful, eats and drinks well. The other puppy has not eaten in 2 days, drinks some water, and sleeps all the time, even when we take him out to potty. I took them to the vet today and the vet said to put...

Is my puppy eating too much? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My 3 month old cocker spaniel (English) puppy, Phoenix, is about 4 kgs and we feed him 4 times a day. He eats 1 1/2 cups Pedigree puppy food and 1 cup minced beef/boiled chicken mixed in with a cup of rice and veg split into 4 meals. I worry he may not be eating enough because he gobbles his...

Another puppy not eating [ 3 Answers ]

I have read quite a few of the other messages about getting new puppies and them not eating, I have tried quite a few of the suggestions out too.. We adopted a puppy on last Saturday, its now Tuesday, she will only drink a little of water, I finally got her to eat a very small portion last night,...

Puppy Not Eating [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 8 month old Dogue De Bordeaux and he has not been eating the last couple of days. We did move into a new house last week. He does eat a coupl ebites then just leaves the rest. I was wondering if he is not eating because he needs to adapt to his new surroundings or if I should take him...

My puppy eating [ 1 Answers ]

12/9/06 adopted a lab/hound mix 8 weeks puppy. Came home was eating and drinking fine, but today she is not eating. She seems to be playful and is doing her duties but is not eating. Is this something I should be worried about? Your answer is much appreciated.

View more questions Search