Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chainsaw carpenter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Copper and plastic pipe for shower fittings
    I need to install a new shower valve but have no experience sweating copper pipe. Is it possible to use one of the new plastic pipe materials/methods to connect? I would have to use plastic on both the inlet and outlet sides of the valve. Thanks in advance for any advice, thoughts, ideas.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 08:46 PM
    You can use sharkbite to connect copper to cpvc and cpvc to the shower
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 09:33 PM
    The Shark Bite is expensive, may have to go to Ace Hardware or a plumbing supply it find them, but almost falls together and doesn't leak.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plastic pipe brass fittings? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I use brass compression fittings with 15mm plastic pipe? Thanks!

A/C not cooling, Small Copper pipe COLD and Large Copper pipe room temp. [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into a newly constructed townhome and the a/c units are of course new. The A/c is not cooling at all. The machine inside turns on as well as the one outside. The inside A/C makes a strange sucking sound kind of like if you were sipping something out of a cup with a straw and you ran...

Soldering copper pipe to shower valve [ 10 Answers ]

I have a shower valve body (brass) and am trying to solder copper pipe to it. For the life of me I can't seem to get the pipe and fitting hot enough to melt the solder. I noticed soldering copper pipe to the drop elbow took more flame heat than normal. Is there some trick when soldering copper...

Gluing copper pipe fittings [ 4 Answers ]

comic sans ms5 Hi I'm very new to forums so I don't know if I'm even in the right place so please forgive my mistakes hopefully I'll learn how to do this without losing my sanity or driving anyone crazy. So here is my question I need to know if it is possible to glue copper pipe I don't like...

Plastic and Copper pipe connections [ 1 Answers ]

Help... I am trying to replace a kitchen faucet. The copper water supply pipe is connected to a plastic shut-off valve. I want to replace the plastic shut-off valve with a metal valve. The plastic shut-off valve will not come off the copper water supply pipe. How do I get this off? I tried...

View more questions Search