Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bionicle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Removing contaminants through heated evaporation?
    To be more specific, are contaminants removed through the steaming process of a coffee maker? To be more specific, will it remove fluoride?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 07:35 PM
    I'm glad you realize fluoride is bad. Many people still believe it is good for you.
    Despite the common myths about its benefits, the NAS has found fluoride can interfere with brain function; weaken bones and teeth; cause disorders in the thyroid and pineal glands; exacerbate diabetes; and increase the risk of a rare bone cancer in boys by up to 500 percent. Its connection to health risks such as cancer, IQ deficits, dementia and immune system disorders have not yet been determined.

Mercola.com Search Results

Cooking/steaming depletes vitamins and minerals.
    I don't know where to find out how to remove fluoride for sure cause most sites claim it is good. Your best bet might be to find an alternative that doesn't contain fluoride.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2007, 09:46 AM
    The boiling point of fluoride is 19.54 °C so I would say that boiling water (100 °C) would remove it as it should evapourate long before the water does itself. However I don't know how effective this is or whether they is some other process I don't know about that keeps it in solution.

EDIT

I remembered about reading fluorosis in some indin villages due to fluoride contaminated water and the floride content of tea, as you do. The main methods discussed in order to reduce the fluoride levels are the Nalgonda technique [1] and activated alumina filters [2] amongst other non relevant techniques to your situation.

[1] Untitled Document
    [2] Activated alumina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have no idea if this is relevent/possible for you but I hope you find it interesting anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Evaporation Line? [ 6 Answers ]

All right. I need advice. I am now 6 days late. I took a FRE pregnancy test last Sunday, it was (-). I took another one 2 days ago, a faint line showed up after 20 minutes. I heard if you took the test apart, an evaporation line WOULD NOT be on the backside of the test strip. Is this true? I...

Heated floors [ 1 Answers ]

Have gutted my bathroom, would like to lose the steam radiator. Who knows if heated floors would keep room warm? What other options do I have now that room is completely gutted. Plan on using tile for the floor

Heated floor [ 2 Answers ]

Before I replace the bathroom subfloor,mason board & tile, How to run some floor heating. I consider myself able to do this with Electric if someone could direct me properly. Job will be inspected must be code. And I can access the floor also from the sheet rock ceiling below. Live in New Jersey

Evaporation of water [ 3 Answers ]

How the water present in ponds got emptied in summer, without getting the temp of 100 degre centigrade. Plaese explain the phenomenon.

Cooling tower evaporation, blowdown, makeup and cycles [ 0 Answers ]

Here are the governing relationships for the makeup flow rate, the evaporation and windage losses, the draw-off rate, and the concentration cycles in an evaporative cooling tower system: http://www.air-dispersion.com/CoolingTower.gif M = Make-up water in gal/min C = Circulating water in...

View more questions Search