Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    queenofdabeat1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 05:07 PM
    How is god still present in the modern family of today's society
    What ways shwo that god is still present in today's modern family
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Nov 6, 2007, 05:15 PM
    In our home we honor Him at meals, we love each other and work at being Christ-like toward each other. My children are being raised in the Fear of the LORD--to respect and revere Him. Our home is a place where refuge from the world is found, peace is sought after and love is what we seek to guide us. We are seeking to make Jesus first in our lives. We eat meals together, we go to church together, we enjoy each other's company. We look to character building instead of outward materialistic wants.

I hope this helps.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Nov 6, 2007, 05:24 PM
    I think that he's alive in a variety of 'places' in modern families. Many say prayers before eating, before bed... just to thank him for life and for family. When people are kind to each other that is showing that he's present, when people loose someone that they love he's there helping them remember the good times.
    He's always there, it's just not always evident.

Nov 6, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Making God more visible in today's society?
    In what ways can society make god more visible
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 10:11 PM
    I don't see how they can, and why they would, because some people don't believe in God, and don't want it in their faces every day, as we have many different religions in the United States and there is a separation of church and state (or at least many people wish there still was) and people shouldn't force their beliefs on others in public society.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 10:11 PM
    Just my opinion though.

Nov 7, 2007, 08:23 AM
    I believe we can make God more visible by doing what He's asked us to do in His Word: turn our hearts to Him, respect Him, Trust Him, believe Him, OBEY Him, and worship Him. If we love Him above all else, He will become greater in our lives.
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Nov 7, 2007, 09:09 AM
    As has been said, a great many families make a practice of praying before meals, long travel trips, bedtime, etc.

In addition, many families strive to make learning about God a weeklong experience, not just something consigned to an hour in Sunday School. I know that my 9 year old is forever more asking me questions about God and how and why He does this and that. Pretty deep stuff for a kid, a lot of the time. So I grow and learn at the same time as I help him grow and learn.

A Christian family really should (and most do) acknowledge and state that God is the true head of their household, and strive to run the house in accordance with His love and will.

Nov 7, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Yes, He is definitely the head of the house! Spending daily time with Him is strongly encouraged in our home.
    Quote Originally Posted by kindj
    As has been said, a great many families make a practice of praying before meals, long travel trips, bedtime, etc.

In addition, many families strive to make learning about God a weeklong experience, not just something consigned to an hour in Sunday School. I know that my 9 year old is forever more asking me questions about God and how and why He does this and that. Pretty deep stuff for a kid, a lot of the time. So I grow and learn at the same time as I help him grow and learn.

A Christian family really should (and most do) acknowledge and state that God is the true head of their household, and strive to run the house in accordance with His love and will.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by queenofdabeat1
    in what ways can society make god more visible
    There are many ways.

The Scripture says that we proclaim His death until He comes "...as often as you shall eat this bread, and drink the chalice...." So attending Church regularly is a way to make God more visible.

Scripture also says:

James 1:27 Religion clean and undefiled before God and the Father, is this: to visit the fatherless and widows in their tribulation: and to keep one's self unspotted from this world.

And so we see two ways here:

1. By doing good deeds for the needy (visit the fatherless and widows).
    2. By keeping the commandments (keeping oneself unspotted).

An old school way of keeping God more visible is Godspeak. When I was growing up, people used to say, "if God wills", "God willing", "Thank God", "thanks be to God" and many other little sayings that remind people of God's presence.

As for me, I remind myself of God's presence in my life by practicing an ancient Catholic devotion known as the "Presence of God".

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Presence of God

I hope that helps,

Sincerely,

De Maria
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 04:50 PM
    I couldn't delete it, sorry for the double post.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2007, 02:27 PM
    I would say if Christians would stop hate speech against homosexuals and people of color.

That would start a revolution of good feelings that could then be improved upon. :)
    Jigicou Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Nov 18, 2007, 02:58 PM
    We make god more visible in socity by not being so judgmental. I`m not say that al christian are but we do have a tendecy to eat our wounded. Christians also need to think more like jesus. When Jesus a dyeing man he didn`t see a dyeing man but he saw god. Jeseus that when you help the lesse pepole you have e also help me.(not in those words exaclty)
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2007, 03:09 PM
    I agree, Christianity is supposed to be based on forgiveness, acceptance, tolerance, and love of all people, yet many times, I see Christians judging others (isn't that God's job) and hating others and saying and doing terrible things because they disagree with some aspect of this person or their lifestyle, and that's not very Christian-like. I am a Christian and I don't hate anyone based on anything but the way they treat me and others and I find that some of my fellow Christians, sadly, are the most hate-filled people of all, which is sad, I wish they would find the true way to live, to be good to your fellow man, and deal with your differences and not hate. Christians who bash homosexuals especially give the rest of the Christians a very bad name.

Dec 2, 2007, 10:08 AM
    How do we explain this... need opinions for my ninth grade english debate report, y
    Hpw do we explain this if god is alive in society how do you explain the evil, world hunger, and children in this world
    ( I need opinions for my ninth grade english debate report, your words will be quoted as reference, any feedback I get is greatly appreciated)
    Magdalena Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Dec 2, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Hi,
    Within each of us exists God above and Evil below or vice-versa. It depends of how we think, act and feel.
    Magdalena
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2007, 10:39 AM
    You could explain how without doubt belief can't exist
    Without suffering hope can't exist
    Without sorrow we wouldn't understand joy'
    Without darkness we can't fully appreciate the sunshine

Yin Yang Philosophy: Discussion of Harmony of Opposites, Metaphysics of Yin Yang
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 2, 2007, 10:52 AM
    >Three Threads Merged<

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Today's society [ 18 Answers ]

In today's society I have found it very difficult to find a woman that likes herself most of the girls I've dated have had a significant amount of flings to relationship ratios and most of them tend to tell me these things without me asking its almost as if most of them have a guys mind like they...

Today's her Birthday [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone! Today is my ex's birthday. While we've been apart for over 6 months and I'm completely over her. However, I would like to acknowledge her birthday, as it is a big thing to her. I haven't had time to go to the post office (as a load of projects have me going insane!), but I can...

Today's job hunting [ 1 Answers ]

How might a positive attitude be an asset in job-hunting even when an applicant sends out countless resumes without being called for an interview?

The uhs of today's society [ 7 Answers ]

Why do teenagers, mainly female teenagers go " Stop-uh! Oww-uh!"

Job hunting in today's market [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone help me with a good topic sentence for "Tips for job hunting in today's market"

View more questions Search