Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Used_One Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Nov 6, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Do you think I'm so ready to risk having a baby?
    Okay I'll be honest I'm under fifthteen and me and my boyfriend have been with each other for about two years , and his commitment has no bounderies . Im not to young to be in love people and here's the thing I think that I am. We love each other , and we've talked about ummmmm you know and all that and well I want to. But there is that risk of getting pregnant , we talked about what would happen if I did get pregnant and were not sure but I'm on birth control and well there's always condoms to so , won't that be enough should I do it ?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 6, 2007, 02:48 PM
    I think you should wait.

If it's really love, then waiting to have sex won't make a difference.

Becoming a parent at your age (and there's always that risk) would make your life MUCH more difficult that waiting to have sex would.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 6, 2007, 03:00 PM
    I agree with Synnen. If you're not sure about sex yet, then that is a sign that you aren't ready. Tell your boyfriend that you want to wait a while. If he really loves you, he will wait. Then when both of you are ready, you guys can. It's really good that you are stopping to think about pregnancy, etc. Too many people let their hormones control them and end up in situations that they regret. If you know that you are'nt ready to be a parent, wait a while.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 6, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Take you own advice and grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Used_One
    Well im turning fourteen and honestly i really think so b/c you are so young you can die giving birth , you can have something called an anurisim and yeah it kills you. And your baby can die with you during birth and its already at an extreme risk of prematurity , not good.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...tml#post708863
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Used_One
    ....we've talked about ummmmm you know and all that and well i want to....should i do it ?
    Well first off, if you can't even say (or type) the word "sex" or "we've talked about having sex"...then I would say you aren't mature enough to take on the responsibility.

Not to mention the fact that you are asking strangers "should I do it".

These all show you that you are not ready to have sex, let alone live with the possible outcomes...like pregnancy.

If "his commitment has no boundaries"... then it can wait.
    linds03 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 11:23 AM
    I agree with waiting for a LONG time. Especially looking at the advice you gave to Lily014. You are much too young and there is plenty of time for sex. I wasn't even thinking about sex when I was 14! I was too scared! You need to grow up and mature before making a huge step like that. Sex is momentary, babies are forever my dear. Be careful with this... it can change your life in an instant. Best of luck to you and your future.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Nov 9, 2007, 01:25 PM
    First of all, just because you love someone at 14 does not mean you will love that person at 16, 18, or 21. I do not doubt you love and commitment for each other. I have lived long enough to know that people change. The things that once attracted me to my high school sweet heart are now turn offs. At that age we never had to see each other deal with real adult issues. We did not know as much about each other as we thought we did.

Even at my age having a baby is scary. At 14 you need to take care of yourself so that some day you can become a really great mom. You need to give yourself this time to mature and become educated. You have all the time in the world to become a mom and only a small part of this life to be free from responsibility. Take this time and use it to finish school and fulfill your dreams. Then when you are mature enough you should try and become a mom, if that is what you desire.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 9, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Something else you haven't considered. If you have sex with your boyfriend, you are potentially subjecting him to a jail term. You are underage and having sex with you is statutory rape.

You are clearly not ready to be a parent. Your knowledge about childbirth is sorely lacking.

NO ONE should engage in sexual intecourse unless they are emotionally and financially ready to have a child. You are neither!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Nov 9, 2007, 02:27 PM
    It would be best to wait until you're older. Since you love each other, waiting will be the only way to protect both of you from trouble (babies, jail, parents and everything else!).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I Risk A Friendship? [ 15 Answers ]

I just finished my senior year of high school and have been best friends with this AMAZING guy since I was in elementary school. We developed strong feelings for each other and decided to take a risk(on our strong friendship) and see if dating could work. At first, it was going great until I...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

View more questions Search