Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confused4 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 01:48 PM
    Sisters boyfriend.
    Aliright, so my sisters dating this guy and he's really cool!! Hes a lot of fun to hang out with and he's become a very big part of my life. And me and him are extremely close. But, he told me the other day, because of major drama in his childhood, he turned to drugs. Im the ONLY one who knows abought this. And he wants to stop but he cant. I want to helpl soooo bad, but he tells me there nothing I can do. I don't think he should go to rehad. And I 4 sure don't want to tell anybody. But I really want to help him. What should I do??
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Nov 6, 2007, 01:55 PM
    You can't help him. If he wanted help he would do it himself. You can't help someone that doesn't want to help themselves. Believe me I know. Ive been through it with an Ex boyfriend... You have to let them him rock bottom and then you have to let him pull himself out of the whole that he dug for himself... But you do need to tell your sister if she is dating him. She has the right to know. What kind of drugs is he taking?

Nov 6, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy459459
    You can't help him. If he wanted help he would do it himself. You can't help someone that doesnt want to help themselves. Believe me i know. Ive been through it with an Ex boyfriend......You have to let them him rock bottom and then you have to let him pull himself out of the whole that he dug for himself......But you do need to tell your sister if she is dating him. She has the right to know. What kind of drugs is he taking?

Yea, I know she has da right to know however I swore I wouldn't tell. And me and him are very close. And yea, I don't know. But I'm not sure what he's taking.

Nov 6, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Blood is supposed to be thinker then water. You're her sister, do not betray that trust...

Nov 6, 2007, 03:42 PM
    I know. But Ugh. Im not sure how I can help him. I don't want to just sit around and watch him die.
    kirriky Posts: 80, Reputation: 26

Nov 8, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Are you sure you don't have a crush on the guy and want to use the 'helping the drug addict' excuse to get close to him? I bet sharing a secret makes you feel so intimate. And, unless he's doing heroin or crack cocaine (which I reckon by now would have become obvious to many people surrounding him, especially his girlfriend), you're not going to get the opportunity to "sit there and watch him die" (unless you spend yeeeaars sitting).

Remember he's your sisters boyfriend. Don't get too involved.

Nov 8, 2007, 09:34 AM
    And remember YOU can't HELP HIM! You can't help someone that can't help themselves! I spent countless years trying to "help" fix mty EX it doesn't work. THey have to do it themselves when they are ready to. IF there are not ready to get the help and stick to it then they are not going to do it at all. I bet he's just a pot head. You need to back off and talk to your sister. She has the right to know. Put yourself in her shoes revirse the situation! WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO KNOW?
    mahal_kita9 Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Nov 8, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Yeah, there isn't much you can do to help him. You SHOULD tell your sister, even if that does mean breaking a promise that means a lot to you and him.
    You should probably try very very hard to not get TOO close with him, because that will probably end badly. Don't get sucked into his personal life. Just stand back and help him as much as you can.

Nov 8, 2007, 01:34 PM
    OK, like 1st of all he's not on crack, lol. But I don't know. And I DO NOT HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM! Lol. Like he's been dating my sis for a really long time now and he's like a brother to me. THeve been dating for 6 years now. ANd I ended up telling my sister and you. SO its going a lot better now because my sister knows, and he's hasn't been doing them for abought a week now. So its going OK now.
    mahal_kita9 Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Nov 9, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Well that's very good. Glad things a working out better :)

Nov 9, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Im glad you told your sister. She had the right to know. Did you ever find out what he was taking?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evil Sisters [ 6 Answers ]

Why are sisters mean:confused:

My sisters [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have two sisters the same age as me (15) a few years ago they both tried to kill themselves, now this year one of them tried again. They are both adopted (twins) so that might have something to do with it. I was just wondering do you reckon it'll pass, maybe its just them trying to be...

My Sisters lies to my parents to meet the boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been very worried about my sister. Seems like all she thinks about is the boyfriend and doesn't even talk to my mom or dad about anything. My dad tried to talk to her about school but she just tells them to go away. Seems like all she cares is about the boyfriend. One time she lied...

My sisters adoption. [ 12 Answers ]

My sister had her baby at 8:49am it is now 9:35am. This is her 3rd baby and she turned 17 in February... Her first baby shae gave up for adoption her second one she kept and this one she gave up for adoption as well. When people ask me, "Is your sister keeping the baby?" I tell them the truth "No,...

View more questions Search