Lily014 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 01:24 PM
    14 and Pregnant
    I'm 14 and pregnant.
    Can my baby or I die?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Not if you take care of the both of you. You should see an OB-GYN immediately.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 01:29 PM
    I agree with Gem on this one. Call your doctor/OB-GYN or visit a planned parenthood place. Let us know if you have any other questions.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Most all the teen age girls I know have had a baby or two by the time they were 15. You have no more of a chance of either of you dying than any other woman. Go to the docs and take prenatal vitamins AND omega 3. They are coming out with many studies that kids are suffering from attention deficit and other similar disorders because they lack omega fatty acids. Coordination, cognitive thinking and motor skills are also included as benefiting from Omega.
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Nov 6, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Have you told your parents? Do you have any idea what your getting yourself into? Are you keeping the baby?
    Used_One Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Nov 6, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily014
    im 14 and pregnant.
    Can my baby or i die?
    Well I'm turning fourteen and honestly I really think so because you are so young you can die giving birth , you can have something called an anurisim and yeah it kills you. And your baby can die with you during birth and its already at an extreme risk of prematurity , not good.
    arleneharlow Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 03:00 PM
    im 14 and pregnant.
    Can my baby or i die?
    NO HONEY
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 6, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Used_One
    Well im turning fourteen and honestly i really think so b/c you are so young you can die giving birth , you can have something called an anurisim and yeah it kills you. And your baby can die with you during birth and its already at an extreme risk of prematurity , not good.

Where in god's name did you get this information? Are you just trying to scare the poster?

If you take good care of yourself, the chances of you or your baby dying are slim to none.

Please talk to your doctor about your fears--he'll give you the medical evidence to back up what I've said.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 6, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Well im turning fourteen and honestly i really think so b/c you are so young you can die giving birth , you can have something called an anurisim and yeah it kills you. And your baby can die with you during birth and its already at an extreme risk of prematurity , not good.
    You have got to be kidding right? Where did you get this bit of misinformation?

No, honey neither you or your baby will die. However, you are at increased risk for certain health conditions during pregnancy, such as preeclampsia and premature birth, so you need to get very good prenatal care.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 04:04 PM
    She has no higher risk for an aneurysm or dying during child birth than any other woman, the same goes for her baby dying!

Do as the rest said, see an OBGYN asap... they can give you all the information you will or may need.
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Nov 7, 2007, 06:39 AM
    I was 15 when I had my son... I really hope you know what your getting yourself into. My son is 7 1/2 now. I don't regret it but you have to make sure that you stay in school, and your childhood is gone now... Im not trying to scare you just make you see reality. Ive been through it. Have you told your parents?
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Nov 7, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Call and make an appt I was 15 when I got pregnant and my son is 4 amd doing fine
    linds03 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Used_One: if you are going to give advice on here, please make it worth while and intelligent. The purpose is to support and guide, not to put the fear of god in people and give them false information. As for Lily014, you are obviously very young, but you should be just fine. As everyone else said, get an OB GYN immediately (if you haven't already). And please tell your parents- I'm sure they will be upset at first, but your mom will be wise to all that you will be facing in the coming months. Best of luck, keep your chin up, and let us know how your doing!
    amy8807 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 08:55 PM
    im 14 and pregnant.
    Can my baby or i die?
    Well look I'm going to be honest you are wayyy to young to have a baby OK so I think you need to take care of it but first go to obgyn and see how far along you are...
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Nov 11, 2007, 06:33 PM
    GO TO A DOCTOR!! Why are you asking a web site where you are almost guaranteed to get unreliable answers when you can go to a doctor? Do your parents know you are pregnant? Go to a doctor, if you are pregnant, you need prenatal care!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 11, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mjl
    GO TO A DOCTOR!!! Why are you asking a web site where you are almost guarenteed to get unreliable answers when you can go to a doctor? Do your parents know you are pregnant? Go to a doctor, if you are pregnant, you need prenatal care!
    Excuse me? Other than one answer that was quickly corrected the answers have been reliable and similar to yours.

What you don't seem to understand, is many people fear doctors. A site like this helps correct misconceptions and gives askers ammunition they can take to their doctors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Trying to get pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: for the last two years I have tried to conceive a child but have had no luck. My periods are regular and I have never been pregnant before. I always have sex on my fertile days, before and after. Why am I finding it hard to get pregnant?

I am pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I confirmed I am pregnant now the thing is I have been 4 weeks without a job and currently seeking one very MUCH!! You know income and lately I have been having interviews now the thing is I f I do get a job how am I going to tel them suddenly that I am pregnant?? I mean it's kind of hard...

Could I really be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I had an IUD placed in January of this year... The last 2 weeks I have had pregnancy symptoms... I took 2 test 1 was negative and 1 was positive... my IUD fell out this morning... could I really be pregnant? :confused:

Not sure if could be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on clomid for 8 months to regulate my periods and ovulation. My cycle is 32 days. I stopped clomid last month and now I am 10 days late. Could I be pregnant? Or my body has been used to consuming clomid? Not sure... hopefully I am pregnant

View more questions Search