Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bucknjude Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Scorpion Life Span
    Could anyone tell me what the life span of a large scorpion is? My sister has had one for a year and a half and mentioned it is really slowing down and doesn't have an appetite anymore. Is it possible it is slowing down because it is becoming winter?
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2007, 09:47 AM
    If she has a Emperor Scorpion it's one of the largest grows 6-8 inches, is black with green or brown hues, it's life cycle is 2-6 years. It needs a high humidity environment with daily misting, an area that not wet. Temps of 70-90 degrees, and generally they can eat 3-6 crickets a week. They also need a shallow water dish. It really depends on how old he was when she got him, you can tell approximately by how many , moltings he's gone through, if she knows this?
    petguy Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Most scorpions do go into hibernation... but if he is only a year old he shouldn't be dying... get a book look up the specific requirements for that type of scorpion and make sure that you have what he needs... but have fun... I love scorpions... I have baby flatrock scorpions right now!! Very cool
    skorpeus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 12:55 PM
    My Emperor Scorpion just past away 5 days ago, Believe it or not but I had her for 1 month shy of 14yrs. I still have her in my freezer until I can find a way to prove her age @ death. She may have been one of the oldest living in captivity.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 7, 2011, 04:22 PM

Please read the dates before responding. This thread was started in 2007, and the last activity on it was in 2008.

Please don't post on old threads.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

How do you measure the end life span of roses? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm doing a science fair project to see what kind of beverage preserves roses the longest. What I can't figure out is how would I scientifically measure the end life span of the roses. My teacher won't let us use results based off how they look. He wants actual measurements. Basically when do I...

Beam span [ 2 Answers ]

What is the usual span for two 2x8 nailed side by side. Im building a new deck 24' x 24' I don't know if I need this much support (2x8) nailed side by sdie

Eviction time span help [ 1 Answers ]

I have looked all over but can not find the answer I need. My daughter and her family are unable to make this next months rent and I am sure that the landlord is going to start eviction proceedings as soon as she is able. I need to know what the time span (approx) will be before she has to leave...

How do I get a life? [ 3 Answers ]

Mom! Get a Life! By Kari Andersen A day in the life of a mom is not always a pretty sight! For those moms that have babies and have chosen to stay home with them, it’s a day filled with diapers, crying, accidents and laundry. For those moms who have babies and work outside the home, it’s...

View more questions Search