Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WMorg555 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Home Networking
    I have a computer in my room with high speed internet and allow my daughters to use my computer to go online when I am home to moniter their content. I would like to put a computer in their room for school but I would like to set it up like the library or colleges where they cannot visit undesirable web sites, change the configuraton the computer, or install hamful viruses. Any suggestions?
    WMorg555
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 6, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Honestly, DON'T.
    If you want to allow your children internet access it should be monitored.
    The best place would be to have it in the family room where it's easy to keep an eye on it and what they are getting up to.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2007, 11:09 AM
    While I agree with Ben, I would recommend using a Linksys router. I know the Linksys routers have a lot of parental control features.
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Nov 6, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Using parental discipline and technology merits the answers given so far.

Using technology will probably provide a good solution. Either routers, and/or browsers along with carefully tweaked configurations will support the parental guidance and discipline while giving the children an adequate knowledge tool that they will be exposed to elsewhere.

Share the experiences with your children. Be there. Don't provide and then let your guard down.
    itc1232 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 12:58 AM
    Hello I will telling you a best solution

U give your sis a limited account and apply permissions from services on that system and you restrict some sites from internet explorer propertires by giving the password or use the arm tools software for restrictions.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 7, 2007, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by itc1232
    Hello i will telling u a best solution
    First, this is a bulletin board, not a chat room or text messaging situation. We prefer that you don't use chat speak.

Second, while your solution has merit its not the "best" solution. The best solution is supervision. There are also a lot stronger tools and controls then the ones you suggested.
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Put you computer in limited account users name with linksys router

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Networking on the way out [ 2 Answers ]

I started my career at my current company, and have four years wirth of relationships built across various depratments. I've taken another job and given notice to my manger. What's the best way to share my plans, contact information and say goodbye with these contacts to make sure that they...

Home Networking [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my laptop to my PC using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2?

How to networking [ 1 Answers ]

I want to connect my hostle pcs to each other. So that data can be transfer from one Another computer

Home Networking [ 1 Answers ]

I've just set up a wireless network, but when I try access the desktop computer from my laptop, I get a message: Office computer in not accessible the network path could not be found. What could the problem be, as I've tried several things and none have worked?

Networking [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Kindly tell about networking, I want to connect sevens PCS with anothers through IPs. One of them is server with windows 2000 family server, switch and remaining six are clients.

View more questions Search