Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    willyme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Senior Dad
    Hello

My name is Derrick
    My father is elderly and I am the POA he has some proprieties in his name and I would like to sell these properties
    I was told that I need Custodial/Guardianship over my father since he is still living
    Now he is not a well man he has cancer dementia and he's totally blind
    My question is
    What can I do?
    Can I sell these properties or do I have to wait until my father expire
    I know that sound harsh but I don't want the head ach in the end
    And I could use the money to take care of him now

Confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2007, 09:56 AM
    If you have a POA, then you should be able to sign papers on his behalf. A Guardianship empowers you to act on his behalf in all matters. But the POA should be sufficient to sign deeds of sale.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son needs his new dad to be dad [ 3 Answers ]

Can antone tell me if my partner can adopt my son. His natural father has never been around he's not on the birth certificate, it just states father unknown. I don't know where he is or how to contract him. When I was pregnant he want a test to prove if he was the dad or not which was never done

A Senior Citizen [ 3 Answers ]

I am a senior citizen... - I'm the life of the party... even when it lasts 'till 8pm. - I'm very good at opening childproof caps with a hammer. - I'm usually interested in going home before I get to where I'm going. - I'm good on a trip for at least an hour without my aspirin,...

Senior Health [ 1 Answers ]

At 83 pretty decent heath but for the past 2 weeks having lot of pain my lower growing area like being kick in the balls. My Dr got me on Flomax for the past 2 weeks and that doesn't seem to help. What's causing this pain? Cannot find any cancer.. Thanks Paul

My stepdaughter dad, isn't really her dad, and I want to adopt her [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I are trying to get some insight on how to go about telling her exhusband that I want to adopt her /his daughter, 8yrs old with him knowing that he wasn't really the father in the first place. He agreed to raise her knowing that he wasn't her real dad, ( bio is completely out of the...

View more questions Search