Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scruggee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Computing current price of bonds
    My company has $1000 par value bonds outstanding at 8% interest. The bonds will mature in 25 years. How do I compute the current price of the bonds if the present yield to maturity is 7%?
    manik chand dey Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2008, 03:51 AM

Answer is available
    monicaratiu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 09:16 PM

Where is the answer available
    manik chand dey Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2008, 11:39 PM
    Par value=1000, coupon rate8% that is 80,YTM or required rate of return 7%,number of years for maturity=25 years

current price=findthe value of80,annuity for 25 years at YTM at 7%, that is presentvalue of an annuity.
    Then add the answer to 1000/(1+0.07)^25.this is your answer.
    Pepper4046 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 12:02 PM
    If you start with a $100 of stock and it grows to $120, what would be the growh rate?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Current Price of Stock [ 1 Answers ]

Did I answer this question correctly: The average firm in your company's industry grows at a constant rate of 6% and the dividend yield is 7%. Your company is about as risky as the average firm in the industry, however, due to recent innovations, earnings and dividends for the next two years,...

Compute the price of bonds on their issue date [ 2 Answers ]

Can you help please? On Jan 1 a company issues bonds with a par value of $300,000. The bonds mature in 5 years and pay 8% annual interest each June 30 and Dec 31. On the issue date, the market rate of interest is 6%. Compute the price of the bonds on the issue date. The following information is...

Journal entires for bonds and computing interest on bonds [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a difficult time understanding bonds. Here is a question that stumps me: Record the sale of $4 million of 10 year, 6% corporate bonds priced at 104 plus two months accrued interest. If interest payments are semiannual, and the interest expense account was debited for $53,600 when...

View more questions Search