Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    littledog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Braking
    I have a 1998 cavilier and when I brake hard the car jerks and the back brakes come on and off drasticly and then lock up. This is worse when there is snow on the ground or when its wet. I would just like to disconect the abs system but I'm not sure how and a garage won't do it

Any help with this problem would be great

Steve
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Wouldn't it void your insurance to do this?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 06:34 PM
    It's hard to tell from afar exactly what's wrong. Here are some things I would do:

. Change brake fluid with an ABS approved fluid; e.g. Valvoline SynPower Brake Fluid.
    . Remove and clean the ABS sensor on each wheel--use a spritzled rag, not compressed air.
    . Lubricate disc caliper pins with silicone grease.
    . Check for any ABS codes being thrown.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Braking up with my girlfriend [ 5 Answers ]

I was seeing my girlfriend for three months after been together for a month she sends me an email saying she didn't realise how hard uni was going to be for her this year and that she didn't have time for a relationship and she was sorry and that. Then about 5 hours after she ended it she is...

Braking problem on 91 Accord [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all... I'm having an intermitant brake problem. Here's the problem, when I step down on the brake pedal - there's very little resistance i.e. the brake pedal easily goes to the floor... I am able to stop but something is wrong there. Again, the problem is intermitant, when I'm...

View more questions Search