Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catlady1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 07:32 PM
    About right of first refusal
    I am in a divorce and wanting first rights to refusal. I have read that some others have 4 hours. Have you ever heard of 2 hours. What exactly are the limitations on this? My attorney is telling me that 2 and 4 hours is too restrictive and interferes with my child's extracurricular activities and overnights at grandma's. Does anyone have a tough divorce situation where the wherabouts and extended stays and babysitting, even by extended family is a problem? And if the right of first refusal a way of helping that situation? Thank you. Any info on this would be apprecitated as my attorney tells me very little.
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Nov 6, 2007, 02:57 PM
    I have one set for 30 minutes. I'm the CP though, it makes a difference, that and there was tons of other things going on.

Are you the CP or the NCP? I believe that the NCP would have a harder time fighting for it, that's not to say it couldn't be done, but it might be an up hill battle and your attorney might be right saying that 4 hours is to short.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Right of first refusal [ 1 Answers ]

My ex and I have a 4 year old daughter together. He's never taken an interest in her life, but a few months ago, he filed a custody suit. I know that it's his mom trying to take control over my daughter, but in any case, he was awarded visitation. Now he works constantly, and I have right of...

Refusal of Payment [ 2 Answers ]

I was behind on payments for a credit card. The account was given to a collection agency to collect on. After they contacted me I have paid a very large amount of money during the past couple of months. I am making a large payment today, and told them I would pay the balance off on the fifth of...

Refusal of Payment [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a conversation with the pick-pockets who levied my checking account and set up a monthly payment. We agreed on an amount, but he said that what I can pay isn't going to be enough per month for his client. Though, in the court papers, it never said what amount, per month, had to be...

Vender refusal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a vender I purchased products refuses to give me product information. I want to complain. We purchased goods and it is vender's responsibility to submit all product informatin. I need appropreate complain letter format to motivate this vender to supply me what I need w/o creating friction.

Right of first refusal [ 3 Answers ]

On Sept 25th 06, the judge ordered a 4hr right of first refusal so that I'm able to care for my 4yr old when his father is at work and can't be there for his parenting time instead of being at daycare or being with his new stepmom. My Ex's attorney is sitting on these papers and not signing them so...

View more questions Search