Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shawnc21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Calculations Involving the Force of Gravity
    What is the distance between the Moon and Earth if the mass of the Moon is 7.34 X 10^22kg, and the force of attraction between the two is 2.00 X 10^20 N?

- the answer is 3.83 X 10^8 kg.

I just want to know how to get there
    terryg752 Posts: 197, Reputation: 4

Nov 5, 2007, 10:06 PM
    If masses of Earth and moon are M1 and M2 (kg), and r is distance in meters

Force between them is G M1 M2/r^2

Where G is the Gravitation Constant, approx = 6.673 10^-11 (N m^2 Kg^-2)

I hope you find the above helpful.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 01:33 AM
    Well there's some problem here, you're looking for a distance, but you say the answer is in kilograms?

You need to have another look.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate air force/ Commemorative air force [ 5 Answers ]

Are Lefty Gardner and Lloyd Nolan still alive? If so where can I find good information on the start of the Confederate Air force on line. There is a lot of info on the new Commemorative Air force, but very little on the old.

Divorce involving mortgages [ 1 Answers ]

I want to divorce my husband and completely walk away with nothing but my dogs and to get my name off our mortgages. We have our house mortgage & 10 acres of land mortgage. Selling is not a quick option because of how bad the Florida real estate market is & to have him refinance will take a long...

Force of Gravity [ 7 Answers ]

A hollow tube is cored out through the center of the Earth to the opposite side. You jump into the tube and begin falling to the earth. When you are half way to the center how would the force of gravity at that point compare to what it was when you were on the surface.. would it be higher, lower,...

Limits involving trig. [ 6 Answers ]

I've got 2, and I'm not sure of the correct way to type them, so here it goes. lim as x->Pi/4 (1-tan(x))/(sin(x)-cos(x)) lim as x->0 (sin(x^2))/(sin^2(x)) any help is greatly appreciated.

Accident involving Semi [ 4 Answers ]

I was in an accident two weeks ago where I was rear ended by a semi on the interstate when I slowed down and he didn't. His insurance company has admitted liability so there is no issue as to who is at fault. My question deals with money. My car was vauled at $10,500 but I had 11,000 left to pay...

View more questions Search