Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michtrixie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Trickling or No Water in Cold Water Pipe in 1 Bathroom
    The cold water in the sink and toilet tank in our basement bathroom comes out either as a trickle or not at all. The cold water works fine in all the other bathrooms (2), the kitchen and laundry room. The toilet water connection is turned on all the way, as is the sink. The hot water in the sink comes out perfectly. There is another water connection in the same bathroom which works fine (apparently the last owners were going to put in a shower at some point). Do you know what could cause this and; if so, is there a simple fix or should I be calling a plumber? Thank you.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 5, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Sounds like some crud got in your system. Shut the water off to the lavatory and toilet. Open up the faucet and check the inlet ports on the cartridge, now place a pan over the open valve body and turn the cold water on for a moment to flush out the supply. Unscrew the three screws on top of the ball cock and pull off the float ball and washer assembly. Place a pan over it and turn the water back on. You should have a full stream from both. If not click on back. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

Bathroom mixer tap-hot water just trickling out! [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently changed the bath and taps in my bathroom from a pair of taps to single mixer taps. Since doing this I noticed that the hot water only trickles out, the cold water is very powerful, so to fill up a nice warm bath it would take at least an hour and by then the hot water would have...

NO cold water in kitchen OR bathroom! [ 3 Answers ]

Recently the toilet was plugged and well we unclogged it however it did not fill up and then stuff started coming out of the drain in the shower... now however I find myself with NO cold water in the shower, or the sink (keep in mind that the toilet will not flush at all or water will fill it), and...

Cold water tank in the bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

Is it allowed for me to relocate my cold & hot water tanks into the bathroom, creating a airing cuboard. This is mainly to allow needed space for my loft conversion. I live in a semi detached Bungalow. Thanks Mark

Where has the cold water gone from my bathroom? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Just recently, we have just lost cold water in our bathroom. Only the hot water runs freely. Also we have no water running in the toilet and just a trickle of hot water from the bath/shower single fixture. But the kitchen and laundry room is working fine. On the same day that...

View more questions Search