Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KENTUCKY NICK Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Nov 5, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Flickering lights
    :mad: i have some lights that are flickering in the down stairs bath and hall and a small computer room what could be the problem? I think it could be a week braker, or a bad connection. What do you think. Thanks for any help.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 5, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Flickering usually is a bad connection. Start at the panel and insure hot and neutral are both solid. Be careful inside the panel if you aren't on familiar ground. If the connections are good there head downstream and check the first light closest to the panel. I suspect the hot/neutral lines and not a switch since multiple areas are affected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion Sensing Wall Switch causes flickering lights [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought a Cooper Motion sensing wall switch. I wired it (correctly?) and I am getting flickering lights when the switch automatically turns itself off. I have good lights in the "on" positions, and when I turn the lights off there is no flicker. However, when the "motion" stops, the light...

Flickering lights [ 37 Answers ]

Bigg oops I thought I double posted the question some how and edited/lost the origonal Dangit will try to recompose it Issue of dimming lights, brightening of lights, constant flickering. All these would be a lot worse of a flicker when it is night time or windy out, but still quite often in...

Laptop screen flickering [ 4 Answers ]

Within the last month or so, I have noticed flickering on my laptop screen occasionally. Sometimes when I move the screen, it goes all bright and then returns to normal. As I said, this hasn't happened much, probably only about 10 times in the last month. However, when I turned it on today, it went...

Flickering laptop monitor [ 2 Answers ]

My gateway laptop sometimes has a flickering screen that I can sometimes get rid of by moving it back and forth. Help!

Flickering fluorescent tube lighting [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have the long fluorescent lighting fictures in my den (2 long fluorescent bulbs per ficture). One of the fictures (both bulbs) are flickering... more like they are half on than flickering, kind of give off a grayish appearance. I put in 2 new bulbs but got the same issue. I installed a new...

View more questions Search