Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    motherof3 Posts: 51, Reputation: 6

Nov 5, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Breast reduction
    Hello to all,

Would anyone know the criteria for an insurance company to pay for a breast reduction? I have had severe back pain for years, I have told my doctor about this and she sent me for a mamogram and found nothing. Every morning when I wake up it hurts to get out of bed. I am a size 36DD and when I hold one it feels very heavy, I know I can not afford a reduction on my own. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 01:16 PM
    I am guessing if it's causing you pain and other complications your insurance company SHOULD cover it, but they may have strict criteria or otherwise be lame about it. You should call your insurance and benefits provider and discuss with them what criteria has to be met. Hopefully they cover it for you so the pain will stop. Good luck!
    motherof3 Posts: 51, Reputation: 6

Nov 7, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte234s
    I am guessing if it's causing you pain and other complications your insurance company SHOULD cover it, but they may have strict criteria or otherwise be lame about it. You should call your insurance and benefits provider and discuss with them what criteria has to be met. Hopefully they cover it for you so the pain will stop. Good luck!
    Thank you, I was kind of wondering if they had to be a certain size or not. But I will talk to my doctor and then see what happens from there

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New here.questions about breast pain, breast lumps [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All! My name is Christy. I am 25 years old. I had my beautiful daughter 15 months ago... that was when I first discovered something was wrong. :confused: When my daughter was 6 weeks old, I felt a lump in my right breast. I thought for sure it was a clogged milk duct. I went in for my 6...

Oxidation, reduction [ 5 Answers ]

Fe2O3 + 3H2 -> 2Fe + 3H2O Which materials are reductants, which are oxidants? Please explain the solution, too. Any help is appreciated :).

I'm going to have breast reduction opp. Will my breasts grow back? [ 1 Answers ]

Im going to have a breast reduction opp. I am a G cup now. Does anyone know how many bra cups they reduce you by and also will my breast go back to their huge size when I have baby ´?

View more questions Search